Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boatman

Thinking About Buying This Car.

209 posts in this topic

I have been kicking around the idea of getting a race car all summer. My street car really needs to be caged in order to run at any tracks in this area, and I really enjoy it as a DD but with two kids that really wouldn't be a option for me. So I have been snooping around the Internet to see what's out there made a few calls but didn't really hit on anything I liked that is in the price range I wanted to be in. Well I found this car a month ago and have been contemplating buying it. The biggest thing I needed to get past is if I really wanted to have a race car??? The tracks are a little over two hours away from me and getting to them with any regularity is going to be tuff. Then how dam fast to I want to go? I finally started making calls this week and the dam thing hasn't sold yet. So I will probably be booking tickets to get the thing checked out and see if it's been put together or had shit cobbled up and will be a giant piece of shit?

Pictures look like it's been done in a good manor, but hell you never really know. A performance shop built and raced the car but that could be good or bad? The guy on the phone does not have a clue other than it's a race car. lol

Here the little blurb they wrote about it, doesn't say much about the car really.

2009 Dodge Drag Pak Challenger # 33 of the 100 Factory built race cars built in 2009. You can own a great piece of history right here . 6.1 stroked to 7.0 426 cubic inches by Arrington Racing engines ,4.2 Kenne Bell supercharger with water to air intercooler, 118 mm Throttle Body all quality parts used in this build made 870 hp to the ground , has run 8.97 in the quarter @ 156 mph. Cylinder heads CNC ported by Dr. J , Hughes Power Glide with 3800 Hughes converter, Stainless Headers, FAST engine management system, Fab 9 rearend with 3.70 to 1 ratio with Strange gun drilled axles, ladder bars, Champion Bead Lock wheels, 12 point certified roll cage to 8.50’s , Car has 2 bucket seats and carpet . Car has a wrap on it now original white paint still underneath wrap

I did get out of them that they are running 18LBS of boost and there are no special parts in the Engine. Just a good Arrington engine.

Here are a few pictures.

468071_399636130055656_1811309783_o.jpg

image027.jpg

image019.jpg

image026.jpg

fTOPMA_TXR_Apr-29-2.jpg

037.jpg

014.jpg

John is going to love this pic. :D

023.jpg

So you gonna add nitrous so it will run 9s? lol

lol no prob ditch the hot air maker first. Sorry John.

Already ran a 8 albeit barely. :D

nice car, interesting like the rear suspension work, no "special parts" well I assume the 6.1 got gutted and some performnce parts went in to 7.0 rotater. but I think you'd look good in that car Rob, shit city man. Keeps the present car as a fass grocery getter

Rob not messing with you or hacking on you, for once lol. But drag pack cars might be the most retarded buy out there, if a person is going to compete in super stock they make sense. Other wise I can not figure out what you get for the money buying one? You can buy one of these for 4000.00 and build a car just as fast for way less money. I personally would put a removable roll bar in your car and enjoy it, you do not race enough for it to be a hassle.

strippedchallenger.jpg

Or if you just have to have a track only car? Buy one like this GTX, used race cars are cheap!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-PLYMOUTH-GTX-ROADRUNNER-/140837583739?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item20ca92fb7b

Do your home work if considering a BIW project, it sounds cheap until you start adding up all the parts and labor, there is one NHRA record 2009 DP for sale for 75K complete with extras if you are interested, real car with history and I may know of another Challenger race car for sale if you are interested.

Tout

John, I'm always interested in others ideas. That's the reason I posted in the first place.

I have put some thought into going the SE route but would be over the price of this one when done. The plus side would be I have what I want and it would be faster. Down side is things always take forever to build and likely run over budget no matter how much you crunch the numbers to start with.

Getting my car faster and safe would cost me a fair amount and it would not work as my DD anymore. I have thought about just making it a race car but I like driving it to much.

Body in white cars do have advantages for sure but they are a job to get done and frankly I doubt I would enjoy it through the whole process to be honest. I'm more of a give it to me now kind of guy.lol

I have way more in my car than this one costs and go way slower. Had I built this car as a drag only car it would be much different so not really apples to apples.

Keep the thoughts coming in. :)

I wanna know what the Mrs.'s thinks she cool with it...?? I like, Good Luck!

Yeah I have a great wife, she said sounds good to me. Pretty much lets me get whatever I want.

Car looks Bad Ass. Love the first pic. Wrap has got to go. Follow your gut. You will make the right decision. If you do get it Rob, Mr. Rubbell will have some competition.

If you need a driver.... call me! lol

Stevo

Hell buy mine for a slow daily driver and make yours into a race car. Oh I forgot it's a 6 speed, well maybe your wife could drive you around in it lol

jiffy16.jpg

:D

HS

Hell buy mine for a slow daily driver and make yours into a race car. Oh I forgot it's a 6 speed, well maybe your wife could drive you around in it lol

lol