Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

toofart

6 Speed Top Stick

1,276 posts in this topic

Blah blah blah.....get your best down the track then get back to me ;). You'll want to trade it for my mower after one pass. It'll be embarrassing with that brown stain in your pants!

Yep, guess it's time to start looking in to a MS109 run lol 23 rwhp....

Dan, did I piss you off or something? You seem to jump on me quite a bit lately...can't tell if your joking or what.

never mad.. i think its how i communicate... if im angry ill call you bad bad things.. like the fbomb or maybe a dick juggler.. I have only get angry at folks that a. make fun of the purple people eater or

b. ask which car is faster a blank or the car on the site im a member of..

i really gained 23 on the ms 109.. and a tune... but you guys will have a little more of an issue with your set up because the 109 tune is very violent compared to my street tune.

i can think its possible on slicks with some axles just wont be making a lot of trips like that...

Stock axles too on DRs. Seems quite a stretch to me with guys like you, Speedy, Sam all running high 11s on similar or more powerful cars.

six speed.. i think its unlikely on the stock axles .. not impossible but very unlikely.. I think his power level should be about the same as mine.. im all stock too and running a 5.7 to boot. I would have to see a video. even on a 1000ft track that would be a great time...

I would have liked to have gotten some runs in with the M&H's at Sealy, especially in cool weather. I think I could have dropped the 60 ft by a couple of tenths which should have got me into 11.5 or below territory. I don't speed shift my car, so I'm leaving time on the table there.

11.3...that's got to be all the stars lining up with that combination on a stick car. Guess it's possible. Dunno...

HemiSam

I saw the post. He's using the two-step which gets the stick a whole lot closer to an auto in many respects, especially if he's using the WOT Box which I bet he is. No need to lift off the throttle...

HemiSam

ive ran a 2 step.. its really only beneficial in side stepping applications.. if its sintst3r then with 11bls of boost on 2 turbos he has got some serious power. The actual cfms those guys are pushing will well exceed my v3.. i think at one time he was claiming nearly 600 at the wheels.. I think i could get jeffs car down in the low 11s too..

I could hit 11. 3 or 4 if i had some axles too.. (on slicks)

the slip shows a 1.6 60 foot time and i think 123 for top end.. that to me says a lot of power or wight reduction. You can gain almost .2 for ever .1 you drop in the 60 my best 60 is a high 1.7 but not only is is pulling a low 60, usually with dropping your 60 you lose a little top end.. he is still running out 123 which is 5 mph faster than me..

Im curious to how he is building boost on the 2 step.. Since its just an ignition interrupt and the car isnt under a load.. how is he brake boosting with it?

slip to slip id say 11.3 could be done... without a vouch and a video id find it a little hard to believe.. and 11lbs on a stock bottom end with timing is quite a bit...

Agreed on building up the boost on the turbos. I posted up on CT my understanding which is as follows. chime in if you see it differently, guys.

There's two elements he's running. The 2-step which allows you to mat the throttle when your clutch is engaged, and the rpms peak at a rev limit you select via laptop. So let's say you got balls of steel, a strong drivetrain and some saweet DR's and you want to leave at 4K. Mat the throttle and it only goes up to 4K until you release the clutch. So you don't have to be sitting there at the line staring at your rev range but can focus on the lights, yada yada yada.

Next is the WOT Box which interrupts juice to the coil packs. It also can interrupt the injectors which could be bad mojo in a blown application. This should be good for 2-3 tenths...maybe more in a hopped up car. That's free money in the bank, especially if you're not speed shifting. I don't speed shift but I know Valley does and maybe Dan? The amount of time the coils are interrupted is programmable so you tweak it till you hit your sweet spot (i.e. shorter as you shift quicker). Now any schmuck can speed shift safely....WOT Box FTW!

Pretty dang cool if you ask me. I've seen some vids of this stuff a while back and I digity as it starts to even the table vs an auto car.

HemiSam