Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

toofart

6 Speed Top Stick

1,276 posts in this topic

Full weight, Slicks and skinnys, Rwhp not sure at this point. My tune was going screwy with the diablo pulling all my timing out in 4th gear even tho it showed it to be fine. HP tuner found the issue so we made the change to correct the diablo fiasco to bring back my timing where is should have been all along an it woke up the car. 

Been fighting this for quiet some time and now we have the answer. Going in soon to re-tune the car on HP and shit can the diablo crap. 

At this point I am really happy for the number on what it pushed out. We had a hot day to so looking forward to running it when the weather cools down a bit. Sept and October should be good DA number for the NW. 

For a Stock motor and running 8lbs of boost I say she holds her own.

Best part of the weekend was winning the super shifter class. 32 car field and the fat lady sang her way to the top.

post-620-0-64752800-1469986715_thumb.jpg

post-620-0-09110500-1469986768_thumb.jpg

post-620-0-27720400-1469987343_thumb.jpg

Thanks Denis, but the way I see it, the 6-speed Top Stick currently is Micah@OST, until I get the car back. It totally kicks ass that he broke the record while testing the car, and there's definitely more to come! For now, though, Micah drove it to the record. Congrats Micah!

Thanks Denis, but the way I see it, the 6-speed Top Stick currently is Micah@OST, until I get the car back. It totally kicks ass that he broke the record while testing the car, and there's definitely more to come! For now, though, Micah drove it to the record. Congrats Micah!

That is class.....there are some folks would claim it for themselves.....well played Howie!  Can't wait to see you pull a 9!

You better be jerking that shifter like you do your ding dong on 5-cent hooker night lol

You're not kidding! In the video you can see the front end dip down at the 1-2 shift. Micah was flat-foot shifting the whole time, but the car still hit the rev limiter. It was 58 mph at the first shift, with a 0-60 time of about 2.2 seconds according to the log. Gotta have quick hands indeed to drive this thing!

That is class.....there are some folks would claim it for themselves.....well played Howie!  Can't wait to see you pull a 9!

Thanks Rob, but it's not a big deal. Life's too short to be petty. For me it's all about the fun and friends. 

A little improvement a couple months ago. I keep forgetting to take a picture of the slip, so here it is. Shit conditions and first time on the new setup. Hopefully more to come soon. 12.74 @ 108.99

image_zpszregjbtb.jpeg

sooooo he is supposed to put Micah on the list with your car?

Yeah, Micah is already the top stick. Dennis just needs to change the ET to a single digit :)

Many thanks to Howie and all the great product manufactures:

HRH Performance engines,

RPM Transmissions,

Mcleod, DSS and many others. 

We knew the car had 9's in it easy. We just had to make the number. 

I am probably the odd man out here, but this is not the NHRA. Seems to me it should be car owner is the driver to get on the list. I really don't care, it just seems odd to me.

I doesn't seem right to claim to be the "top stick" until I've actually driven the car, so my PB in the vehicle is still on the list (but you have to skip down a category into the 11's, haha). I think Micah deserves a lot of credit for not only building the thing, but being able to drive it that fast. You all can laugh at me when I get the car back and turn their 9-second car into a solid 10-second car.  :D

Another approach would have been to not tell anybody about their 9 second pass, get the car back, run it 9 seconds myself, then put it on the list. But there are a few people working on breaking into the 9's, and I wanted OST to get the credit for cracking the nut first. It was important to them to deliver me a proven 9-second car, as opposed to just building it, throw it on the dyno, and then say, this car could go 9 seconds, look at all the horsepower, good luck with that!

I'm impressed with the amount of work they put into it, thinking about every aspect of the build and how it relates to hitting the goal, not just throwing a bunch of parts together and hoping it all holds. It's not just about building a 1000+ HP car, but also understanding how to put that power to the ground and make it stick. Watch the other threads for details on how that was all done, but for now I'm happy to be the owner of the quickest 6-spd Challenger, and we'll see later what my own PB in the car will be. 

I doesn't seem right to claim to be the "top stick" until I've actually driven the car, so my PB in the vehicle is still on the list (but you have to skip down a category into the 11's, haha). I think Micah deserves a lot of credit for not only building the thing, but being able to drive it that fast. You all can laugh at me when I get the car back and turn their 9-second car into a solid 10-second car.  :D

Another approach would have been to not tell anybody about their 9 second pass, get the car back, run it 9 seconds myself, then put it on the list. But there are a few people working on breaking into the 9's, and I wanted OST to get the credit for cracking the nut first. It was important to them to deliver me a proven 9-second car, as opposed to just building it, throw it on the dyno, and then say, this car could go 9 seconds, look at all the horsepower, good luck with that!

I'm impressed with the amount of work they put into it, thinking about every aspect of the build and how it relates to hitting the goal, not just throwing a bunch of parts together and hoping it all holds. It's not just about building a 1000+ HP car, but also understanding how to put that power to the ground and make it stick. Watch the other threads for details on how that was all done, but for now I'm happy to be the owner of the quickest 6-spd Challenger, and we'll see later what my own PB in the car will be. 

Perfectly stated, can't wait to see what you can do Howie.

Here's a video of your Hellcat running a 10.25 @ 140mph. I think that puts you in second place, Dennis will confirm it. Congrats!

That thing is nuts! Congrats on the 10.25!

Here's a video of your Hellcat running a 10.25 @ 140mph. I think that puts you in second place, Dennis will confirm it. Congrats!

Thats bad ass for a 6spd, what mods other than nos ?

Belt slipping? What is the squeeling sound I am hearing?

That thing MOVES! Holy Hannah!

Stevo

Something about whatever took the vid wasn't happy with the sound levels. I don't think there was anything weird going on with the ride which is badass! Congrats IC