Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

toofart

6 Speed Top Stick

1,277 posts in this topic

Took my 13 second Scat Pack down to a 10 second machine. Im still working on launch techniques and dealing with wheelspin, but Its getting there. The track shut down before I had a chance to keep tinkering with the tune, which is still a bit conservative. This last run of the night was with nitrous coming on at 40mph.

Video Link

Magnuson 14psi w/ 150 shot

 

IMG_7043.PNG

IMG_7051.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, boostedscatpack said:

Took my 13 second Scat Pack down to a 10 second machine. Im still working on launch techniques and dealing with wheelspin, but Its getting there. The track shut down before I had a chance to keep tinkering with the tune, which is still a bit conservative. This last run of the night was with nitrous coming on at 40mph.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWGw-pysWmU

 

 

IMG_7043.PNG

IMG_7051.JPG

Bad ass!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's cool, love the pic with the flames.  150 shot is obviously helping quite a bit!

 

Curious, are Scat Pack 6 speeds tracked differently from all over 6 speed Challengers for some reason from a timing perspective or ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Speedy said:

That's cool, love the pic with the flames.  150 shot is obviously helping quite a bit!

 

Curious, are Scat Pack 6 speeds tracked differently from all over 6 speed Challengers for some reason from a timing perspective or ?

Hey Speedy,

Thank you. The car ran 11.09 before nitrous. I'm honestly not sure how people track times with different cars, but one of my main goals was to take on the other Scat Packs in Vegas last month at Mopar Muscle Magazine's race. I know there are other non Scat Pack 6 speeds out there with better times but so far this seems to be the best M6 Scat time yet. Although there will surely be others chasing it. 

 

IMG_7132.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, SmallBlockMuscle said:

What is your setup? Would love to hear what got you to 11.09. 

For the 11.0 time the build was --- Magnuson with 2.65 pulley, methanol injection (no longer used), stock 83mm throttle body, stock shorty headers, 80lb injectors, upgraded fuel pump, forged internals, slicks with skinny fronts, hop not kit, DSS axles and driveshaft. 

This year with the same setup, I've had it tuned for 150 shot and race fuel. I haven't got more than a handful of runs on it so I'm still working out the bugs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

boostedscatpack - great info on how much the nitrous improved times.  What was the MPH on the 11.0 passes?  I'm guessing 124-126?

Howie, nice work dude, welcome to the 10 second club!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2017 at 10:29 AM, Speedy said:

boostedscatpack - great info on how much the nitrous improved times.  What was the MPH on the 11.0 passes?  I'm guessing 124-126?

Howie, nice work dude, welcome to the 10 second club!

Thanks Speedy. At 11.0 I had a handful of 126-127 slips with my highest being 128.8. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2017 at 3:30 PM, boostedscatpack said:

For the 11.0 time the build was --- Magnuson with 2.65 pulley, methanol injection (no longer used), stock 83mm throttle body, stock shorty headers, 80lb injectors, upgraded fuel pump, forged internals, slicks with skinny fronts, hop not kit, DSS axles and driveshaft. 

This year with the same setup, I've had it tuned for 150 shot and race fuel. I haven't got more than a handful of runs on it so I'm still working out the bugs. 


I follow you on Instagram, and have always wondered what your set up is. Aside from the 150 shot, my car isn't to far off from yours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RobbyD said:


I follow you on Instagram, and have always wondered what your set up is. Aside from the 150 shot, my car isn't to far off from yours.

Hey Robby,

What's your ig handle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2017 at 9:16 PM, Yellow Jacket said:

Denis,

Forgot to post this after CF8. New PB in the 10's, before I broke it in the final race of the 6-speed shootout.

IMG_20170516_210820.jpg

Good stuff Howie.  Congrats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Blue Blur said:

There was dude at the Rock that ran a 9.08 with a stick Hellcat, right now the fastest Hellcat is a stick lol.

Does a dog engagement sequential 4-speed Liberty box really count as a stick car? An honest question from a curious observer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Micah@OST said:

Does a dog engagement sequential 4-speed Liberty box really count as a stick car? An honest question from a curious observer.

it does in my book unless the rules read otherwise

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now