Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

toofart

6 Speed Top Stick

1,272 posts in this topic

I did the same thing a month or so back.  I was told by several transmission shops that I don't make enough power to do that and didn't need any kind of upgrade.

trans2.jpg

Trans.jpg

On 5/24/2017 at 5:38 AM, Micah@OST said:

Does a dog engagement sequential 4-speed Liberty box really count as a stick car? An honest question from a curious observer.

I don't feel it does either anybody who has driving one of these 6 speed cars and understands the difficulties we have with them knows that a liberty sequential transmission does really have to overcome the same obstacles.  But yes that hellcat is fast !

I was creeping up on my goal but I broke the cross in my 8 3/4 diff on the 4th pass unfortunately. Nasty head wind and around 3000ft density were not helping.

20170528_120335_zpspqamejpd.jpg

Where is the Moparmangamble slip and stuff?  I wanna see that!

NM, searched back and found that.  Pretty cool stuff.

I'm not sure on the Hellcat with the sequential trans.  They claim it's still a 6 speed with a clutch and they have to shift it like a normal car over on the HC forum.  I didn't look inside it at CF to see.

6 minutes ago, Moparmangamble said:

I'm still a clutch using TR6060. Leon Epling with same horsepower ran 9.06/9.08 with a Liberty clutchless. 

Hey Gamble, I'm only 3 spots beneath you. That sounds cool until you look and realize I need to shave a full second to run in your league :-)

16 minutes ago, Moparmangamble said:

I also run full interior.

Me too. With the interior, the weight of the rollbar, dual nitrous bottles, and 280lb driver, it's a heavy setup. 

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 11:55 AM, toofart said:

Guys!  I finally got the list updated!  Howie, nice show, and that carnage is quite impressive.

Thanks Denis! Trans is being fixed now, will be looking for a new PB after that!

4 hours ago, Micah@OST said:

Full interior, SINGLE power adder, and clutch TR6060 has to count for something though, right Howie?

I do enjoy my daily driver, Micah! So do the kids when I pick them up from school, and they don't even mind climbing past the roll bar.

19 hours ago, Yellow Jacket said:

Thanks Denis! Trans is being fixed now, will be looking for a new PB after that!

I do enjoy my daily driver, Micah! So do the kids when I pick them up from school, and they don't even mind climbing past the roll bar.

Awesome! It must be nice to remove your door bars in a few seconds and essentially have a completely stock, full exhaust, easy to drive car again that still runs 9's. And look at all that trunk space without a nitrous bottle, mount, heater, relays, wiring, etc.! 

Also it throws flames. Get a video of that at night when it's back on the road.

9 hours ago, Dave Crockett said:

My little street car doing work, 2009 Srt8 6 Speed. Blower only, no nitrous for power adders.

IMG_0568.PNG

I love watching the videos of your car online. Care to share any on the setup?