Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

JDW RT 09

392 Stroker Self Install

991 posts in this topic

Coolant drained, Fan removed, belt removed, ac compressor removed (probably have to refill refrigerant after that fiasco..), generator removed, power steering pump removed.

Question: Now that I am elbow deep in this, I am looking at things and considering pulling the engine and tranny as one piece.

Looking for comments and suggestions on this.

jdw

I've had a few engines out, but always left the trans in place. They were all auto trans though. Not sure what would be easiest on a 6-speed.

I've never pulled the fan, and there is no need to disconnect lines from A/C compressor or Power Steering... just let the compressor dangle, and bungee the P/S pump over towards the headlight.

Pain is weakness leaving the body... Oh wait, that's my blood !!!

Knucklebusted... 0.o

tfrYB.jpg

You're going to go through 2 boxes of band aids before you're done with the project!

I cut myself like that just dumping my catch can. :-(

You're going to go through 2 boxes of band aids before you're done with the project!

I cut myself like that just dumping my catch can. :-(

This was also a catch can injury...

You forgot to disconnect the exhaust.

Not quite there yet but soon.

I've never pulled the fan, and there is no need to disconnect lines from A/C compressor or Power Steering... just let the compressor dangle, and bungee the P/S pump over towards the headlight.

Yep, wish I had just done the bungie thing first with the ac compressor. Thats what I get for going by the f-ing service manual. A refrigerant shower... Oh, well the ac has to be off at the track anyway. Learn from mistakes...

Drop the K member if you can get the car up.

Best of luck. Always fun watching the builds.

HS

K member? Please define.

What Mike said. If you had a lift, that would be ideal. It's how a lot of the shops drop the engine and would allow you more flexibility with clutch/trans, etc... Wouldn't need to worry about hood, etc...

HS

Engine oil drained.

Only able to spend a little time during the week. Probably just drop the exhaust, remove sensors this week, maybe intake removal, and make a decision about which way to go regarding dropping the tranny or leaving it in. Still trying to figure that out. :unsure: