Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

JDW RT 09

392 Stroker Self Install

991 posts in this topic

How far back Hemi31 do you have to pull back on the transmission before it disconnects from the clutch and allows you to drop it down? How many inches do you think?

he said remove, that means all the way. lol your funny I like your spirit. now pull the trans the fuck out and stop trying to do it the hard way.

looks like he may have a centering collat for an automatic trans that will need to be cut,ground or hammered out. IMHO

the bushing is on the pallet wrapped in plastic

No....the bushing that is pressed into the crank that was included with the motor(the parts you have spread out) appears to be for an automatic and not a 6 speed.

No....the bushing that is pressed into the crank that was included with the motor(the parts you have spread out) appears to be for an automatic and not a 6 speed.

Those are all parts for upgrading the springs on the heads.

This is a common problem when buying an engine for a manual trans car.The crank needs a pilot bearing installed.No big deal,just buy one.You hopefully would've seen this when you pulled the old motor out & pulled the rear main seal retainer bolts.Also if the main studs are ARP, you will have to clearance the oil pan to fit in the rear.

So is something wrong here from Arrington or what?

Is this not right for a manual trans?

W9OxN.jpg

Doesnt look like anything is installed in there. You need the bearing that gets pressed in there. You can see an example on your old motor.

Maybe it would be easier to do this step by step instead of throwing all this info at you at one time. As Erik suggested, remove the trans,exhaust,drives shaft linkage etc, Then post up when yor done and we can move on to stage 2 :)

Doesnt look like anything is installed in there. You need the bearing that gets pressed in there. You can see an example on your old motor.

Maybe it would be easier to do this step by step instead of throwing all this info at you at one time. As Erik suggested, remove the trans,exhaust,drives shaft linkage etc, Then post up when yor done and we can move on to stage 2 :)

Good idea !

I don't like this thread considering I'm next up for a 6.1 swap. You guys are making me doubt everything I thought I knew. :unsure:

Not much for confidence building for sure... It'll happen... 0.o

Just got with Justin and he is sending out the pilot bearing and a rear main seal. Just shows its good to have another set of eyes.

Ok, gso, what else on the front has to change?

.just know this however.....just the fact you are on jackstands means your degree of difficulty went up 75%.

Only 25% harder for him, since he actually fits under a car on jackstands lol

OH COME ON E THAT WAS FUNNY