Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

JDW RT 09

392 Stroker Self Install

991 posts in this topic

Cool, how much of a shot are you looking at?

Will just start at 50 to learn it then work up to 200 in 50 shot increments.

Got my ported intake on and did some logs for AJ. It was running really fat but the ported intake has we think got it in the sweet spot for the afr. We are double checking the timing.  Feeling super strong now. Hopefully get to the track for a T&T and see.

Got my ported intake on and did some logs for AJ. It was running really fat but the ported intake has we think got it in the sweet spot for the afr. We are double checking the timing.  Feeling super strong now. Hopefully get to the track for a T&T and see.

Let me know the next time you're going, like a week in advance if you can.  if I can get time off I'd love to come watch!

Not quite wheels up. Tracked in San Antonio Saturday. Bracket shootout, red light 3 rd. Crappy times but .01-.02 trees and 1.8 60's all day long.

rt%20pic%206_zpsf0ymwvhb.jpg

Not quite wheels up. Tracked in San Antonio Saturday. Bracket shootout, red light 3 rd. Crappy times but .01-.02 trees and 1.8 60's all day long.

rt%20pic%206_zpsf0ymwvhb.jpg

As long as the times are consistent you'll win rounds! Nice wrinkle in the slicks there, James! Would like to hear your take on that track and if it's worth it to go there.

Don't be afraid to red light! It will slow down your reaction times! You need to have the attitude that red light is better than losing because of a slow R/T. Also, the other guy might go red, too, so stay in it to the finish line!

I think the SA track is fine. Its the shortest distance for me to get to a 1/4 Mile track. They have test and tune pretty much every friday and saturday nights as well as during events.

Cool! If they are having bracket racing events on Saturdays, I might start going again once the new rear end is in and the tranny has been gone through. Maybe we could meet down there sometime. Maybe hit Lockhart for BBQ on the way or Clear Springs for catfish.

Were there tons of cars there?

Cool! If they are having bracket racing events on Saturdays, I might start going again once the new rear end is in and the tranny has been gone through. Maybe we could meet down there sometime. Maybe hit Lockhart for BBQ on the way or Clear Springs for catfish.

Were there tons of cars there?

Saturday it was really light. They had some issues with their fb page which said they were closed all day but they opened the gate at 9am. When I let them know they were really pissed off. If you cant check your own advertising portal, wtf....  Hard core racers showed and it was a very small field. I tried to enter the bracket class and the import/domestic shootout but I was the only one for i/d so they canc'ed it.  I take 35 to San Marcos then 123 to I-10. Takes only 1.5 hours to get there. I will likely be heading down on Saturdays. I can't make friday nights after work.

Good stuff James! Couldn't make it out this past Saturday due to the UTSA tailgate/football game.

I normally go on Fridays and hot lap the shit out of the track lol. Saturday's depending on events going on lines can get a little lengthy.

Get your time in at the track while you can before they close it again at the end of this year.

You gonna make it out to LSMF?