Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Broo42

Mopars At The Park Tulsa, Ok

Cool. I just Googled for more info and noticed this is being done at Tulsa Raceway Park, our one and only drag strip. There isn't much info about the event. Have you been before? I noticed the gates open at 8am. Do they have any special events outside the racing?

I'm not far from the track, and if released from the doc, I would like to run my car, assuming amateurs are allowed.

I might try to make it, if you have a link with more details would you post it. We've got some Tulsa folks here as well.

Info is very vague. Thus far this is all I could muster up.

http://www.tulsaracewaypark.com/images/pdf/2012schedule.pdf

http://www.tulsaracewaypark.com/schedule/event/73-mopars-at-the-park-gates-8am

I've gone a few times...2006-10. It includes bracket racing, show and shine, and swap meet. Anyone can run. It's a lot of fun. A group of us OKC guys usually convoy up Friday evening. I've run my best times there in my 99 Dak and my SRT4. I'm planning on bringing the 408 truck and getting some runs in.

I plan on being at the event. Not sure if I am going down the track or not. Depends how my neck feels (recent surgery). Either way, I doubt it would be too exciting...stock R/T and a driver that is way out of practice. lol Either way I like talking shop and checking out the other rides.

When it gets closer, maybe we can coordinate something so all the MMF guys can meet up.

That's cool. I'm always the early bird. My group will consist of an SRT8 Vagina, SRT8 300C, SRT8 Charger; and a few Dakota R/T's. Are going to show, race, or spectate?

Hey thanks for putting the pic of my white car on there. Was cool to meet ya too. me and my kid had ablast, my wife wants a 2 seater dragster now, i dont get it she sure wont ride the mower ? see ya later. T.J.