Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nolimits76

Request: Kenne Bell Install Manual

I would like to look over the install manual for the Kenne Bell superchargers. Not sure if there is a difference for the 5.7 and 6.1 installs, so best to include both if possible.

Thanks in advance.

KENNE BELL MANUAL

1. Buy blower (pay a lot more than other blowers)

2. Install blower

3. Act superior

4. Complain when you can't get traction

5. Wonder why IATs are so high

6. Call Jim Bell to get reassurance that gauges are wrong and IATs are really better than any other blower

7. Wonder why the jeeps aren't back on the trailer yet

8. Buy a ProCharger

THE END

KENNE BELL MANUAL

1. Buy blower (pay a lot more than other blowers)

2. Install blower

3. Act superior

4. Complain when you can't get traction

5. Wonder why IATs are so high

6. Call Jim Bell to get reassurance that gauges are wrong and IATs are really better than any other blower

7. Wonder why the jeeps aren't back on the trailer yet

8. Buy a ProCharger

THE END

sounds like what jack and johns kid would be like if they shared a room one drunken night at an mshs event

They don't have a digital manual. You have to request a copy mailed to you. About $20 If I remember correctly. For the 2.8LC, 5.7 and 6.1 is the same one. It shows difference within the manual. Sorry, no scanner available. Send a request to the customer service email at KB. Good luck.

sounds like what jack and johns kid would be like if they shared a room one drunken night at an mshs event

Maybe so but atleast we have kids. Your kids all are stuck to mommies basement walls or go down the drain while you shower. Of course theres always your blow up doll but I'm sure its stuck shut from dried gizz by now.

Probably be interesting to see a 392 Procharged Challenger run a little 6.1 Challenger with a 2.8 KB just for laughs. (No Bottles)

You guys crack me up about the KB hatred/jealousy. lol

And you were right jdwrt09. I called KB and they want $20 to mail me one. They said it was over 200 pages with LOTS and LOTS of pictures. The good part of the call was that he said it was very detailed and they made it where guys can do the self install and even tossed in some of the specialty tools the average Joe may not have. Furthermore, if I bought it, he would knock that off the kit when I finally purchased (I know, a very small slice of the pie, but it was the gesture). No sales pressure and very cool on the phone.

Still I don't want to pay $20 for the manual. I don't really "need" it. I just thought it would be a nice read since I was considering the kit, and thought it would help grow our database with good useful info others might need/want in the future. That being said, if one of you have a hard copy and wants to mail it to me, I can do the scanning and conversion to a PDF file. When I'm done I can mail back the original. I might even send a PDF to KB so they can post on their site. :)

You guys crack me up about the KB hatred/jealousy. lol

And you were right jdwrt09. I called KB and they want $20 to mail me one. They said it was over 200 pages with LOTS and LOTS of pictures. The good part of the call was that he said it was very detailed and they made it where guys can do the self install and even tossed in some of the specialty tools the average Joe may not have. Furthermore, if I bought it, he would knock that off the kit when I finally purchased (I know, a very small slice of the pie, but it was the gesture). No sales pressure and very cool on the phone.

Still I don't want to pay $20 for the manual. I don't really "need" it. I just thought it would be a nice read since I was considering the kit, and thought it would help grow our database with good useful info others might need/want in the future. That being said, if one of you have a hard copy and wants to mail it to me, I can do the scanning and conversion to a PDF file. When I'm done I can mail back the original. I might even send a PDF to KB so they can post on their site. :)

PM me your address. I got it for the same purpose you did. Read the whole thing and pretty certain i could do it. Pretty thorough I thought. Was close to getting it then decided to start from scratch and got the Arrington 392 stroker. Cheaper and better in the long run. IMHO.

its funny how it feels like KB is for the people trying to put shops out of business lol.

you dont see the kb on any shops retail page, and they make it so users can install themselves.

its probably the most expensive kit out there and alot of people(not all...) do say its the best.

PM me your address. I got it for the same purpose you did. Read the whole thing and pretty certain i could do it. Pretty thorough I thought. Was close to getting it then decided to start from scratch and got the Arrington 392 stroker. Cheaper and better in the long run. IMHO.

Thanks for stepping up and helping out. This is why I like MMF...it's like family helping family. Anyhow, you should have a PM of where to send it. Be sure to let me know where you want it returned to. Once I have in my hands I can get scanned and posted up here in a day pretty easily.

please email me the PDF when its ready :)

I don't have your email address, but I will post a message here and shoot you a PM.

No, problem. It was just sitting in my toolbox in the garage after I read it. Might as well let others indulge in some light reading...

No reason in my book not to share knowledge. :)

Care to point out the differences? I take it you have an OLDER version?

You did notice the front had a "supplement" section where they obviously changed some things. Many looks like it was for the 3.6 KB units. But some even for the 2.8's.

Also, did you catch this was the install guide for the 5.7? Given the amount of pictures and detail that went into this manual, I am pretty sure the 6.1 is different.

Speaking of which...we now have a 5.7 manual (thanks to jdw). And that helps me a lot being a 5.7 owner :), but I would still like to get the 6.1 version so our database will be more thorough. I am still willing to do the scanning and mail the original back if someone will just send the original 6.1 version.

I think that 10 page 'supplement' at the beginning is the part that relates to the 6.1 and the only differences from the 5.7 instructions. It does say 6.1 on the supplement, not 5.7.

From what I remember, from talking to KB and Tim at Mr. Norms, it is the same supercharger, the 2.8LC for both 5.7 and 6.1. There is no difference.

I think that 10 page 'supplement' at the beginning is the part that relates to the 6.1 and the only differences from the 5.7 instructions. It does say 6.1 on the supplement, not 5.7.

From what I remember, from talking to KB and Tim at Mr. Norms, it is the same supercharger, the 2.8LC for both 5.7 and 6.1. There is no difference.

Cool. That puts an end to this thread request then. Thanks again jdw...much appreciated. :)

Tim, I am glad to see you comment. Met up with another MMF'r recently and we were talking shop. Just to clarify....the KB unit has tuning, etc for the 6-speed 5.7 R/T's, right? If anyone has done some, I am sure you have.