Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

70challengerrt440

Help Safety Loop For A 4" Dss Drive Shaft

40 posts in this topic

FYI to anyone with a 2011+, Dodge changed the rear of the tremec, therefore the moroso ds loop that says it is 2009 up, no longer fits - the bolts are removed:

Competition Eng Safety Driveshaft Loop (6-Speed Manual Challenger ONLY!) - C3162

I tried to order the one that Sam has and it has been discontinued by Metco. I looked closely and on mine at least, the exhaust has the DS so captive it couldn't possibly go anywhere. I'll come up with one eventually, but for now I doubt it'll be an issue.

Yeh, I ordered one, then got the email and refund it was discontinued.  I found one on Ebay, so I'll see if it arrives.

I agree that the exhaust really does encase the DS.

Competition Engineering has one that should fit a 4" d/s High Horse Performance has them.

This one does not fit 2011 up unfortunately (if we are talking about the same one). 

I tried to order the one that Sam has and it has been discontinued by Metco. I looked closely and on mine at least, the exhaust has the DS so captive it couldn't possibly go anywhere. I'll come up with one eventually, but for now I doubt it'll be an issue.

But it doesn't keep it from coming thru the floor board.

I sold my Metco, looks like I'm going to be kicking myself in the ass for that move.

I believe the Competition Engineering piece would work with your set up.

I've decided to stay with the getrag for now, using a DSS chromoly 2 piece DS shaft and 1400 hp DSS axles.

You have a nice piece coming with the Chromoly, K. :) The Petty's is nice. 

I guess it's possible the 4" could come through the floorboard, but I think it's much less likely than a smaller piece. Kinda like being in a tunnel, there's just not much room for it to move. 

I have a 2010 Challenger 6 speed with a DSS 4" aluminum driveshaft and Competition Engineering driveshaft loop I bought from HHP. Fit's fine.

RobbyD where is the hoop in relation to the shift-rod? The Metco was directly below the shift-rod and on certain roads would vibrate against each other.

Right under, if not behind. It's defiantly close with maybe enough room to fit my finger in between. I can't recall 100%, but I may have used a really long pry bar to bend it downwards slightly...

I heard from the Ebay shop that the Metco loop is discontinued!  I knew that!  Don't offer it on Ebay if you don't have it!

Anyway, pretty much out of options other than having something fabricated.  

Would you happen to know the specs. Suppose we could find out from the NHRA rule book

Would you happen to know the specs. Suppose we could find out from the NHRA rule book