Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ironchallenger

Magnacharger Cooling

99 posts in this topic

YAAAYYYY im back home :)

lol. heres a project i did for Stevo Hemi.....

his old heat exchanger wasnt doing so good, so i improvised.

291572_462649910436806_1497222482_o.jpg

472257_462649897103474_1087451855_o.jpg

528325_462649877103476_800049812_n.jpg

double the capacity and a Visteon/ C&R core with internal finned baffles..... should be a sweet upgrade.

Ok I'll bite, so how much is one of these going to cost me Mani? :)

Would this be better than the Fluidyne we discussed before?

That rocks Mani!

I will pick up this week. Waiting for Jegs Boxing Day Sale. I will order the 20 gpm pump you recommend plus a pusher curved blade fan. I may need some tabs welded in to mount the fan to the heat exchanger.

What is the height and width of the core?

Stevo

Mani....

You are a Saint.

SAINT-PAUL.jpg

I owe you a steak dinner...

You need to revisit the aluminum rocker covers we talked about back in the summer. If the price is right (below $700) you will sell many.

Stevo

i think the best route for this is to wire it to the Maggy pump, so when the pumps on, the fans on. and i think with stevos car, he should wire the maggy pump so it can be turned on when the cars off so it can circulate the coolant and run the fan at the same time.

Looking good mate. Pusher fan or is it reversible? Gotta make sure that fan clears the metal re-bar of the front bumper.

Ugh.... wiring.... needed Speedy's schematic on doing the gauges. Without out it.... I would never have been able to do the install.

Did I tell ya about the time I almost set fire to my 1974 Roadrunner when I installed my Sun Super Tach II when I was 17? Wires lit up bright orange with burning plastic. Main harness almost caught fire. It was a trip man. I will tell yawls at CF4. Don't forget to ask me what happend when I installed door speakers on my first car... 1967 AMC Ambassador. Yuuupppp... was smoking some mother nature... you can guess the rest... lol

Stevo

Nice setup. When I was running's Cam's, with a heat exchanger core that was crazy on capacity and some hard core fans, we used a 20gal/min meziere pump and installed a switch that I could activate while staging to trigger the pump and the fans.

17219706_photobucket_14574_.jpg

17219706_photobucket_14575_.jpg

17219706_photobucket_14578_.jpg

The delta (change) in temps was not what I expected per the datalogs given all the extra coolant capacity and flow. Note that I opened up the lower fascia with a grate cut out of an upper fascia so the heat exchanger was getting direct wind (not sitting with the road race radiator I installed behind it).

IMG_3042.jpg

I often wondered if the flow dynamics did not allow sufficient "resident" time in the heat exchanger with that big pump. I would suggest modifying the flow rate (a few different ways to skin that cat...restriction, power, pump changes, etc...) to see what's ideal.

Nice work as usual, mani. Stevo is going to be a happy camper.

nibbies.jpg

:D

HS

I was wondering how long it would be before you chimmed in on this. :)

Sam something else I was curious about, what about using one of the alcohol based coolant's?

Kenny,

That's good stuff but high maintenance. You've got to dry everything out to use it and forget about if you ever have an issue. The stuff out of Karl's ride was starting to remove the powder coat on my trailer when I hauled him back after his 200mph+ run...nasty stuff.

HS

Ok guess that kills that ideal. lol So I wonder if you could use one of the additives like "Water Wetter", if it would be beneficial or cause other issues?

I played around with it in my radiator, Kenny. I'll tell you what I found most beneficial...drop below a 50/50 mix. Especially down here in TX. Use distilled water to as high a proportion as you're comfortable with.

HS

I was wondering how long it would be before you chimmed in on this. :)

Sam something else I was curious about, what about using one of the alcohol based coolant's?

Kenny,

That's good stuff but high maintenance. You've got to dry everything out to use it and forget about if you ever have an issue. The stuff out of Karl's ride was starting to remove the powder coat on my trailer when I hauled him back after his 200mph+ run...nasty stuff.

HS

Hey guys, not an expert but, what about Evans NPG? (waterless coolant)

http://www.evanscooling.com/products/coolants/npg-2/