Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ironchallenger

Magnacharger Cooling

99 posts in this topic

It's really good. Just high maintenance. You have to dry your entire coolant system out before you can introduce it for it to be effective. That's not a small task. Flames out the tail pipes after a blown head gasket...a lot of alcohol.

HS

Manny,

I maybe interested for my Eforce.. Im already using a meizure "sp"pump . Anyways let me know price when you get a minute. I had something else in mind but thios may work just as well.. Keep me posted

Thanks

Scott

lol that looks like speedy.

ill call my core guy tonight and see if he can get me a few more cores. he had this C&R core laying around.

in my honest opinion, id rather have a cross flow core,

lol that looks like speedy.

ill call my core guy tonight and see if he can get me a few more cores. he had this C&R core laying around.

in my honest opinion, id rather have a cross flow core,

^^^ Care to elaborate as to why?

Ok..... Heat Exchanger and fan got installed today along with the repositioned Trans Cooler. Temps rose above freezing today so I got down to business. I had to notch the front bumper rebar in order to clear the fan housing. I didn't pull the bumper off because along with eight bolts, it is also held on by four spot welds as well. I did not want to cut the welds so I had to notch the bumper on the car. All I had was an air powered cut-off wheel, hacksaw, file and drill. Took awhile due to the small work space but I got her done. Fits well. I also had Mani make me a laser cut Trans Cooler bracket as well. Much better than my home made earlier version. Trans Cooler used to be behind the center of the bumper with not much exposure to moving air. Now it sits right behind the grill opening. I should see lower trans temps now.

I will fill the Heat Exchanger with 50/50 mix on the weekend. Yeah... straight water freezes up here in Canada! ;) (Sorry BBoyPersia... just had to!)

Mani preassure tested the heat exhanger to 50 psi. He also added a drain cock which the original Magnuson unit does not have. It also has a bleeder screw at the top. Mani made me an extra lower mount bracket as well. I am thinking I will change the lower mounts to go directly to the lower metal rad support instead of the AC condenser. 

Next week I will order up the Jegs Water Pump/AN fittings which is rated at 20 gpm over the Magnuson unit which is 5 gpm.  

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/50952/10002/-1?parentProductId=1275715

http://www.jegs.com/i/Meziere/680/WP12034B/10002/-1?parentProductId=

I had to remove some of the plastic from the front shroud with the cutting wheel. I will probably do something with the trans lines as well. A little too hokey for me right now.

Mani thinks this mod should drop my IAT's by 10 degrees or more. If I could improve this mod by one thing it would be more "surface area" for the heat exchanger. There is about 2 inches per side more room for expansion. Anyone wanting Mani to build one for them should ask if he can make one that is 3 to 4 inches wider.

Stevo

Coolers.bmp

Cool 6.bmp

Cool 5.bmp

Cool 4.bmp

Cool 2.bmp

Let me be the 1st to compliment you on your avatar upgrade!

Curious to see how much that drops the temps. I've debated a higher volume pump than the Bosch but wondering it it will do any good to push more fluid through the stock cooler.

Looking good Stevo. :)

I'm planning on doing a larger cooler of some sort soon also, thinking about trying a larger cooler with the same pump first. I'm seriously thinking the bigger pump will not let the coolant get enuff resinance time in the cooler and negate the benefit of the larger cooler.

Stevo,

What's wrong with photobucket, bud?  I downloaded a couple but it was torture.  Post up that good work like you're proud of it, man...

:D

HS