Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yellow Jacket

Would You Get A 2009 Ram 1500?

39 posts in this topic

I need a better tow vehicle, don't want to spend a lot of coin.

This beauty matches my car: http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?endYear=2014&zip=47725&ownerId=100036200&listingType=used&engineCode=8CLDR&sellerType=b&listingId=334635739&modelCode1=RAM1504WD&driveCode=4WD%7CAWD&startYear=2009&makeCode1=RAM&exteriorColorSimple1=YELLOW&maxMileage=45000&searchRadius=0&bodyStyleCodes=%5BTRUCKS%5D

I think it's a little high at $26K, so I'll try to talk them down.

Do we know anybody in Midwest City, OK that can go check it out for me?

That is WAY over priced. I paid $22,500 for my dad's 2008 big horn quad cab in Sept 08, I got a good deal because the 09's were coming out (his sticker was $37k) but that's a $13-15k truck tops. I would go new even if it's a little more then you want to spend. There is a huge difference between the 08 and down vs the 09 and up. Much better ride/handling and power. The 09 and up sell used for too much $$$ vs new, not much difference.

i had an 07 quad cab bighorn that was lifted on 35s...had everything andi sold it for about 20-21k if i recall back in 2010 to get the Challenger. that is over priced and under powered compared to 4th gens. is a quad cab a requirement?

The Big Horns go for about $27k here. My Outdoorsman was $31k with Ramboxes, Nav, and everything. The difference in the 08 and 09 is HUGE! The 09-up is just a much better truck! I would hate to go back to the previous gen. Frankly my 08 Titan was far better than my 04 Ram in every way.

I agree that's too way much money , for that kinda cash might as well go new, gotta wait till fall when the 2014s come out you'll get 10-12k off a 2013 plus better financing. As far as power I got a 05 quad cab 1500 that i love &will tow no problem , but does not compare to my buddies 2011 in terms of ride , gas milage and just plain nicer truck.

I have a 2012 Quad cab Express bought in Fed 2012.  At the time, it listed for about 34, added a trailer brake controller and a few other things and got it out the door for $24k.  It tows fine for occaisional use.  If I was towing full time I would up the anter to a 2500 but for the 6 -10 times a year I tow it is way more than adequate and is a great all around truck.  Gets 19-20mpg highway and about 16-17 around town, about 13 towing.

Wow, thanks guys. I'm going to pass on that one, then. You did a good job of talking me out of it. I'm going to look around for a deal on a new one then, or like mopar280 says (hey, welcome to the forum BTW!), I can wait until fall to pick up a 2013 at a steal. 

I guess it was the color that almost got me...

Smart, Howie.  It's definitely rich for what it is.  Love my 2010 1500.  Bought it mildly used a year and a half ago and it wasn't a whole lot more money than that.  HEMI crew cab with several goodies including 20's, Sat radio, a proper tow package.  It had 11K miles.

HS

That would be fun to mess with people at CF4 but it's not worth $32k. I bought my 2010 1500 TRX4 crew cab brand new with some extra goodies for $32k and a buddy bought an 11 sport crew cab for $33k brand new. Mine was in the fall his was during the Presidents day sales. Both trucks stickered for over $40k. Wait a few weeks and you will be able to find a new crew cab express for under $30k. 

That is high.  I have an '06 mega cab (same generation as your listing) and a '12 dually cummins.  The interiors are like night and day.  I would not consider a previous gen at almost any price point.

Yeah, I've started looking at '09's and up now. Is this one getting warmer?

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?endYear=2014&zip=47725&ownerId=100036200&listingType=used&engineCode=8CLDR&sellerType=b&listingId=334635739&modelCode1=RAM1504WD&driveCode=4WD%7CAWD&startYear=2009&makeCode1=RAM&exteriorColorSimple1=YELLOW&maxMileage=45000&searchRadius=0&bodyStyleCodes=%5BTRUCKS%5D

I'm going to pull a "Phil" and offer them $13K.

I wouldn't pay $32K for that cop truck either, especially because those are probably some hard 3,000 miles it's seen. I did put in a bid for $8K, and so far I'm winning. But it's got a week. I'm curious to see what that will go for. Probably some poser who will pay way too much for it.