Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ironchallenger

Wtf.. My Hands Hurt.

been working on this all week... 14 are being made to ship out to UAE and Qatar 

843937_483774498324347_509028059_o.jpg

521718_483774538324343_1537472755_n.jpg

556497_483774578324339_1636371343_n.jpg

looked cool all mocked up. so i took a pic :) now i just have to finish welding all the tubes all around and start building the outer shell and wraps. 

I was going to say the tube side of a shell n tube heat exchanger. I would have been wrong.

actually Lisa your right. 

they are classified as heat exchangers, this one just uses Steam from a secondary source to generate hot water. 

reason they call is a steam distribution is because it splits off into 4 other channels after it heats the water. 

;)

actually Lisa your right. 

they are classified as heat exchangers, this one just uses Steam from a secondary source to generate hot water. 

reason they call is a steam distribution is because it splits off into 4 other channels after it heats the water. 

;)

Woohoooo I got a techy guess correct :)

Is all the tube mild steel, HREW or DOM? Isn't steam going to kill it from the inside out in a vey short amount of time...and give you nasty hot water until it does. Guessing by the deformation in the bends it's .120 wall or thinner, so that would happen quickly.

The work is nicely done and I'm sure was quite a headache to lay out getting started.

Also looks like its time for some new followers for that die.

lol yeah those were bent by hand in a manual bender. thats why they look like shit.  

the pipe is actually 441SS .124" wall ( closest  pipe to Sced 10 )  441 is very soft and bends like crap. we actually filled the pipes with water, froze them, and then bent them the next day to keep the shape. 

lol yeah those were bent by hand in a manual bender. thats why they look like shit.  

the pipe is actually 441SS .124" wall ( closest  pipe to Sced 10 )  441 is very soft and bends like crap. we actually filled the pipes with water, froze them, and then bent them the next day to keep the shape. 

Cool on the 441SS. I've never welded stainless. Not much call for it in the rock crawling wold.  :D

How is it to weld? I have heard horror stories of trying to bend it though.

welding stainless is great :)   welding 441 is a PITA.... you have to use Nicalloy Rod and a argon/Helium mix of gas to get it right. 

bending regular 300 series stainless can be tricky as it tends to crack fairly easy.

Looks heavy, put it in Boatmans trunk lol

LMAO

Freezing water in the tube was a great idea. How does it affect the iron being cold?