Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest HemiRob

Low Oil Light On 2006 Magnum

my brother had a low oil light on his magnum with the 3.5L V6, when he was arriving at work. later that day, after going to autozone for oil and oil filter,he changed the oil and it only had 2 1/2 quarts left in it, he found the Tire World auto repair shop in Colorado Springs didnt tighten down the oil filter all the way. he has had bad luck with that car since new, at 16,ooo miles he had to have the vavle lifters replaced under warrenty,the heater core went out, and now this.

How long between the oil change and being at AutoWorld? Really no point I guess, they won't believe they didn't tighten the filter, and tell him to pound sand probably.

Well the only thing you can do is ride it out. Just hopefully a lifter or bearing didnt get starved a get any scaring. And people wonder why I have a mechanical oil pressure gauge in the car. Little tip for everyone. All cars have a low oil pressure light, but the kicker is it only comes on when pressure drops below 7psi. At idle warm oil pressure should be above 25psi. Tell him to start checking his oil level more frequently.

Not sure how long it had been since the oilchange, but he should have called Tire World immediately and had em come pick it up on his dime. They should be on the hook for any consequential damages - but since he changed the oil, the evidence is gone.