Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Shaggy SRT

Trinity Do's And Dont's

74 posts in this topic

A.J. likes the LM2.  It provides a lot more granularity when recording vs the DS products.  It's one button push start.  They biggest issue I had with it when we used it on my car at the Mile is that if you leave it plugged in it's not only drawing on the battery but also it would glitch out and I'd have to eject the memory card and plug it back in to get it to record.  We missed one of my runs because I hit record and it glitched....didn't realize it quit recognizing the memory card.  Now that was my only experience with the LM2 but I did live with it over a couple of days.

HS

Yep, I found that out as well from AJ. Another limitation for the Trinity that you don't find out about until spending $600. doh.gif

kap.gifOne more thing about the Trinity, never use the push button ignition switch to cycle the key on and off when using the Trinity. The signal is not the same and causes freeze ups in the Trinity and in the PCM. Use the actual key that you have to turn to the different ignition positions.

I never had a problem using just the push button.

If you're trying to setup a PID list (i.e. a dashboard layout), you need to have the car running when setting it up or the available PID's you can choose from will be far more limited.  I've been using AJ's dashboard for a few years now and it gets the job done nicely.  I expect that's largely what Speedy's using.

HS

Ah, maybe that is my problem (well, at least one of them, lol), as I set up the logging layouts with the car not running*, but key on. 

*At the beginning with my new motor, I couldn't do the layout with it running, because it wouldn't.

Thanks Sam, I'll try that.

OK guys I somehow misplaced my Predator while in BG. I have a race tune in the car and now will need to put my big boy pants on and start using the Trinity. I am a bit leary about using the trinity so I'm here for a bit O help.

First: the predator is still married to the car. Prob not a problem...

Do I simply hook the trinity to the laptop and send it tunes? Do I need to first marry the trinity to the car or something? I'm guessing once I fire the unit up I'll be able to figure out the process but if there are specific steps I need to take or things to be sure not to do I would be very great full in hearing them.

I'm pretty much a idiot at things electronic, I left the Trinity in the car for a full 11 months and have not used the thing. I'm sure I will like it once I figure it out though.

Thanks for any input guys. :)

PS: I did read this thread. :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe once the Predator is married to your car, you can't use any other programmer with it. Unless the Trinity takes your race tune as a stock tune, but I doubt it'll allow that..though I guess it could, seeing as the Trinity does some weird shit lol

If this is true, I would assume the only fix would be for your local Dodge dealership to reflash the PCM with a stock tune, and then go from there with your Trinity.

Rob,

Reach out to DS and tell them what happened.  They'll help you out such that you can get the Trinity to work.  You need to get the stock tune and the Trinity making happy time...

thumbs-up.jpg

:D

HS

Trinity will take whatever is in your car now and consider it the Stock tune...   that would mean you lose your stock tune though.  If that doesn't matter, carry on.  Otherwise, like Sam said, reach out to Diablo, they may have better ideas.

Just connect the Trinity to a computer, send it your tunes, and you're good to go.  Just be careful when inserting the flimsy connector in the bottom of the Trinity.  It breaks easy.  Pretend like you're doing a virgin, go real easy and make sure it's lined up with the right hole or someone will end up crying   lol

Thanks guys.

I need to go look in my trailer again for the Predator. I had it out with the Laptop in BG loading tunes and so on. After the car broke I was focused  on that and didn't really notice the dam thing when we cleaned and loaded up the stuff. I have no idea where it got put or if I still have the darn thing?

I loaded a couple of street tunes and 4 race tunes into the Trinity last night. How many will this hold and can I load them individual and have them all? I know the Predator only holds one when I put them in one at a time but Joel had a way he could install three all at once. Just wondering I can't see what I have in the Trinity and have not plugged it into the car.

Thanks for the help guys. :)

I'm wondering the same thing about the Trinity holding multiple tunes. So far every time I loaded a new tune it was the only one I could see when hooking it up to the car. I'd like to be able to have both my street and race tune in the Trinity.

I'm wondering the same thing about the Trinity holding multiple tunes. So far every time I loaded a new tune it was the only one I could see when hooking it up to the car. I'd like to be able to have both my street and race tune in the Trinity.

You have to load both the tunes at the same time I believe for them to both show up as choices. Otherwise when you just add one, it replaces the existing one. Why, I don't know but I think this is correct.

Load the tunes on to the SD card.

You have to reload them to the unit every time from the card but I have four tunes on the SD ready and waiting.

Load the tunes on to the SD card.

You have to reload them to the unit every time from the card but I have four tunes on the SD ready and waiting.

I've tried to load tunes from the SD card to the Trinity, without success. The SD card has several tunes including the original.  Any advice or tricks for this? Thanks...Jonn

I have been saving logs to the SD card from the Trinity and that has worked well.

Mine stays plugged in and so far no problems. Knock on wood.

I actually never unplug mine. You have to set some timer past 30 seconds if memory serves right.

I will have to look into that. 

Thanks

You should also hit the halt monitoring button when you turn the car off , this will also help with the dead battery .

Didn't see this in here but could have missed it.

Does the trinity draw power when plugged in and the car off?