Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

blackdeuce

I Hope My Gas Mileage Gets Better...

I think maybe my exhaust is lacking back pressure 'cause my "Vagina" didn't do so good on gas...... lol

I checked my mileage for the first time and it wasn't so good. I figured it somewhere around 16 mpg. I'm not worried about it, because I had my foot in it most of the time. I could swear that I could see the gas gauge dropping when I was getting on it. Maybe it just slops the gas to the back of the tank. lol. I think I really could see it with my '70 Super Bee. I think that car got about 6 mpg.....

Have any of you guys used the Ecometer device? I saw it mentioned elsewhere and thought it might be kinda neat to have if it works worth a shit.

The weather's been good, so I'm finally getting a chance to drive my Challenger.

Truth be told I would say you living in the corn belt, your mileage is bad because of that ethanol crap in your fuel. Also once they go to the summer mix around here mileage gets worse.

I do not have a lot of miles on mine and I drive it hard everytime it leaves the house, but I have never done better than 12mpg.

Truth be told I would say you living in the corn belt, your mileage is bad because of that ethanol crap in your fuel. Also once they go to the summer mix around here mileage gets worse.

I do not have a lot of miles on mine and I drive it hard everytime it leaves the house, but I have never done better than 12mpg.

Good point. It's hard to find gas around here that isn't an ethanol blend. When I filled it this last time, I put 91 octane in it. I know that my car is tuned for 87/89 octane, but all of the 89 octane around here is an ethanol blend. The 91 octane that I used is not an ethanol blend. I'll see how it does. Probably won't tell me much because I expect I'll have my foot in it. lol.

I have no idea how many mpg I get. I've never figured it out and I don't plan to. I get in, I stomp on the accelerator and I enjoy the ride. Screw the cost - for once in my life I don't give a flying fuck. lol

Deuce....

You have the same problem that I have and you and I drive the exact same vehicle. My right foot is heavier than my left. If I thrash her for a few hours, my gas needle drops FAST! On the other hand, if go for a long drive on a highway and kick in MDS and cruise control... Voila! Twenty six mpg!!

I guess we just have to drive smart and balance out our driving habits.

StevoHemi

Took my challenger with 3 people in the car 6 speed manual SRT8 2010. At 75mph going to Calgary from Edmonton and back to Edmonton got 26.05 mpg mind you that is a real gallon. 4.54 liter not like the USA uses 3.78 liters. On the american gallon car got 22.1 mpg. Car has cold air kit, throttle body spacer (air raid) and 93 octane CAI trinity tune. Using Husky 94 octane gas with 10% ethanol. Car has 3700 miles. If you are getting 16mpg you may just want to change your driving habits.

Mine gets 19-22 but i only drive 15 miles to work and in rush hour traffic both ways( Atlanta 500)imagesqtbnANd9GcT_15sR6uw9NZrSB3ZzJ.jpglol.

And when im not in traffic im in hammer mode ! P.S. i run in sport mode 99

%of the time.And it only has 1100 miles on it so i guess its not broken in yet ?

If I cared about gas mileage I'd buy a Prius. I drive a Challenger to kick ass and take names. How many m.p.g. do I get? Who gives a fuck! Rock on.....

U.F.O.

Proper operating procedure for a Dodge Challenger

1.Fill tank with high quality fuel.

2.Turn fuel into noise

3. Repeat as needed!

Any questions?

^^^haha!

The mileage does impress me even with stabbing the gas pedal frequently - I got 25-26 mpg on that one leg of our journey to Challengerfest 3 when John was with us, and when we were driving like highway menaces.... lol

Finding out what the best mileage my R/T six speed could achieve is analogous to "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?"

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhjb4P_jnKk&feature=related[/media]

THE WORLD MAY NEVER FIND OUT!!! lmao!!!!

^^^haha!

It does impress me - I got 26 mpg on that one leg of our journey to Challengerfest 3 when we were driving like highway menaces.... lol

The penny star got 26 but i was driving 80+ every chance i could, atl left at 6pm to get their before midnight lol

But trying to keep up with boatman on interstate on the way to the gun range was a blast!! Hit the speed limiter more than once lol

Proper operating procedure for a Dodge Challenger

1.Fill tank with high quality fuel.

2.Turn fuel into noise

3. Repeat as needed!

Any questions?

If I cared about gas mileage I'd buy a Prius. I drive a Challenger to kick ass and take names. How many m.p.g. do I get? Who gives a fuck! Rock on.....

U.F.O.

Two men after my own heart. Check saw a shirt. Front side said "you save the plant". Back side said "i'll save my dignity". Maybe that should be the slogan for CF4 t shirts :)

^ Is that shirt available for purchase???

One of our shop techs has been driving his father's Smart to work for the last few weeks.

I really need to wear that shirt to work one day!