Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

70B5Cuda

1970 Barracuda 6.1/6 Speed Build

67 posts in this topic

Wow.... first time seeing this thread. Impressive build. Luvs the pix. Looks to be a real treat when she is done. Please keep us updated when you can. Cannot wait to see the finished build.

Stevo

What are the plans for the upper control arms? Awesome build!

Thanks everyone! It's been awhile since I lurked. I've been super busy with 4 kids, work, parting out wrecked SRT8's, chasing 68-70 B/E bodies. While my Barracuda wasn't being worked on, I put up a 40x50' shop in my back yard, found/bought a survivor 1969 Charger, and bought a bunch of other 68-70 mopars. Overall, the timing of everything has been good, but I'm ready to see some progress!!

Blue Blur-I am using the RMS Alterktion front suspension which comes with upper control arms that are mounted off the k frame. 

Troy-Stop by anytime! I just went through your thread today and am impressed with your progress and your project!

A3D1D8FC-8856-4C63-B485-AB02149E5CD3.jpg

On the day I bought the 69 Charger. Original paint/interior. 383/2bbl has never been out of the car....

image.jpeg

After a rinse

image_2_3.jpeg

Snagged this 68 Charger RT out of San Antonio.

image_1.jpeg

Slipped a rear axle under it to roll it around. Here it is rinsed off in front of the shop 

image.jpeg

Got this 68 GTX out of Tulsa. It's tubbed with roll cage, narrowed rearend, subframes tied, disc brakes on all 4 corners, and pretty much ready for paint. Not sure what I'm gonna do with it...

image_3.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

At least you know I haven't been slacking.....I just haven't gotten much done on the Barracuda because I've got way too many projects going.....

Holy cow! That 68 charger is what I've been looking for unfortunately, I can't find a single 68-70 charger in good project state for less than 15k. They are outrageously overpriced. Hoping they come down one day. Nice collection bud and awesome build! Will be following this one closely

Yeah-you're not exaggerating at all. 2nd gen Chargers (68-70) are the hottest Mopars out there. I'd been watching Craigslist and eBay for two YEARS and came to the conclusion that if the car makes it to one of those two sites, it's too late for a decent deal. 

The upper arms mount in the stock locationso. Those have been removed,now you need to build new ones 2.5" higher since you raised the lower arm mounting point.

Yeah-you're not exaggerating at all. 2nd gen Chargers (68-70) are the hottest Mopars out there. I'd been watching Craigslist and eBay for two months and came to the conclusion that if the car makes it to one of those two sites, it's too late for a decent deal.

lol....totally right about that

The upper arms mount in the stock locationso. Those have been removed,now you need to build new ones 2.5" higher since you raised the lower arm mounting point.

You are correct-I thought you were asking what upper control arms I will be using. The mounts will be fabricated and moved up 

lol....totally right about that

and I meant to say that I had been looking or two YEARS....not two months

You are correct-I thought you were asking what upper control arms I will be using. The mounts will be fabricated and moved up

and I meant to say that I had been looking or two YEARS....not two months

Oh wow.......I've got a while to go then. Haha

Drooling for sure !!! I want a clean 69 Road Runner, bucket seats, 4 spd with air. Very similar to the one I use to own.

I don't have the facilities to do a full blown ground up restoration.

Thanks everyone! It's been awhile since I lurked. I've been super busy with 4 kids, work, parting out wrecked SRT8's, chasing 68-70 B/E bodies. While my Barracuda wasn't being worked on, I put up a 40x50' shop in my back yard, found/bought a survivor 1969 Charger, and bought a bunch of other 68-70 mopars. Overall, the timing of everything has been good, but I'm ready to see some progress!!

Blue Blur-I am using the RMS Alterktion front suspension which comes with upper control arms that are mounted off the k frame. 

Troy-Stop by anytime! I just went through your thread today and am impressed with your progress and your project!

A3D1D8FC-8856-4C63-B485-AB02149E5CD3.jpg

On the day I bought the 69 Charger. Original paint/interior. 383/2bbl has never been out of the car....

image.jpeg

After a rinse

image_2_3.jpeg

Just fell in love with your Charger! Beautiful! I always loved the B bodies!

Stevo

Oh fuck me to tears, you have my ultimate ride next to a GT40. I've always wanted that year cuda, but I can't even find a rotted to hell one out here for less then 20. She's gonna be saweeet when it's finished up. If you don't mind, where'd you get the rear end and what it ran. I'm building my son a 69 fire chicken and running the same width meats and I'm ready to get the dif. I just haven't taken the time to see who has the best pricing for a completed unit. Thanks!