Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

rmfootball69

Texas Mile Oct 2013

571 posts in this topic

I'm in! Lisa, I'd like to come through New Orleans, probably Wednesday night. Get some of those grilled oysters, and then on the road to Beeville Thursday, to get there Thursday night.

I will be there... But, sadly to say I will not be running. I have beat on the Fat Lady twice and she responded with a 153.9 mph and that was above my goal of 150. So, I will be there in support of all those of you that will be running.

Yeah, I'm not heavily modded, I will not be running my car. But, the drive to texas (friends in arizona too) is too tempting that I might have my car there anyway. Anyone say something about a local drag strip? I've already seen this as challengerfest 4.5, and whether I'm flying or driving it looks like I'll be there. Just let me know where you guys are all staying and we'll all try and book the same hotel, have some motorized cooler shenanigans or better.

I might actuallly try and make this, still working out the details

Dude, it will be like the Kansas City to CF4 caravan, but in the other direction! I'm going to need SOMEBODY to keep an eye on my trailer tires.

Hey, if I drive I'll set it up to hook up with you guys on the road at any point. If you met me you know I've got plans for the next 2 weeks and thats about it (aside from trips like this,) I can always squeeze a few extra days or leave at any point necessary to catch up with a caravan.

Been wanting to run for years now, if I can find a place to stay that doesn't kill my budget, I'm in. I'll know more closer to registration. Guess I can start saving now!

I wont make it to Texas, but if there is going to be a meet in NOLA this year, I will try and make it down there for that. Lisa keep me posted.

I will be there and running my car.:)

U2 :)))))

We're going to step up the game big time this year.. no more low boost bullshit:)

El Diablo and the Magic Man will roll...

buddy I'm going to register but there is a possibility and I may just fly in..

Can I ship my car UPS to your house kman if need be.lol signature required..lol

RM is this a threat or a promise..lol

lol

I know if you don't make it to Texas after starting all this bullshit There will be hell to pay.. :))))

Yah nut.. :))

Hey, if I drive I'll set it up to hook up with you guys on the road at any point. If you met me you know I've got plans for the next 2 weeks and thats about it (aside from trips like this,) I can always squeeze a few extra days or leave at any point necessary to catch up with a caravan.

Kenny, we need to talk about tires. I need new shoes soon anyway so I want to make sure they are rated where they need to be. I've been thinking about biting the bullet and just going with the P-Zeros. Hell they might cost an extra $100ea, but in the grand scheme that's likely doable. I know you like the Conti's but I thought there was some concern for them going over 165. 

^^^^ chuck its either Yoko or Pirelli ..The perellis don't come in a 295 40/20 in the tire I wanted ..looks like Yokos..

Tire up boys!!

You could always run the GY RSA's not. Fuck good year shittiest tires I have have ever run..Never again as they hit the garbage pile for weds pickup..

Currently I have now 6 sets of tires Pirelli's being the best so far for grip and speed rating...

^^^^ chuck its either Yoko or Pirelli ..The perellis don't come in a 295 40/20 in the tire I wanted ..looks like Yokos..

Tire up boys!!

You could always run the GY RSA's not. Fuck good year shittiest tires I have have ever run..Never again as they hit the garbage pile for weds pickup..

Currently I have now 6 sets of tires Pirelli's being the best so far for grip and speed rating...

Kman has the info you will need Chuck..

So I will start the list:

1. Rmft69

2. Bayou Tiger/Tigress

3. YellowJacket

4. Daparrothead

5. RT_6speed

6. Chris1992

7. Notsure

8. EODCM

9. HemiSam(he has not spoken up but I am betting on him coming and setting a new record!)

So here goes how much does the mile cost for spectators , and such? Might be able to make it to watch but my slow ass RT will just be a cruser from here to Beeville . So I can help with the grunt work ect.