Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

rmfootball69

Texas Mile Oct 2013

571 posts in this topic

I'm in, plan to fly down and help change tires or whatever else I can help out with. Have no idea about logistics so maybe one of you veterans can provide some details.

Guys, I was a spectator last year, and it was a blast! It was something cheap like $5 or $10 (I don't remember) to spectate. Just like Challengerfest, there's a pit area, staging lanes, and then the track. The pit area is much farther from the track, though, so people end up renting golf carts to get back and forth.

Anyway, plenty to see and do for us MMF types, no worries. We'll all have a blast, I'm sure.

10 bucks to spectate.  Hotel rooms are the challenge as most of the oil companies have them reserved, but as it gets closer the hotels start to release rooms.

I will try to be there representing the 4-door division.  I'm running the Toyo R888's on stock SRT8 rims and they did pretty good down in Florida earlier this month, but it was a half mile and I was only getting up to 155 due to AMS issues (me trying to tune it). I ended up switching over to my drag radials (not allowed at the mile, but ok at this event) to try and get some traction off the line.

So I will start the list:

1. Rmft69

2. Bayou Tiger/Tigress

3. YellowJacket

4. Daparrothead

5. RT_6speed

6. Chris1992

7. Notsure

8. EODCM

9. HemiSam(he has not spoken up but I am betting on him coming and setting a new record!)

Count me in... just part of the pit crew.

Thank you, Lisa.  You know me well...

The hotels were an issue last year but we won't have the drilling company training drama this time.  We stay at the Holiday Inn Express...nice hotel and pretty good breakfast included.   I just booked four rooms.

I spoke to Karl and we're hoping he can make with his bad ass ride as well.  If all goes as planned, we'll try to get there Thursday evening this year so we can start running on Friday morning.

texas-1-1.jpg

:D

HS

Guys, I was a spectator last year, and it was a blast! It was something cheap like $5 or $10 (I don't remember) to spectate. Just like Challengerfest, there's a pit area, staging lanes, and then the track. The pit area is much farther from the track, though, so people end up renting golf carts to get back and forth.

Anyway, plenty to see and do for us MMF types, no worries. We'll all have a blast, I'm sure.

lol dr stranger love the fucking shell answer man..lol

Like we've never been to a racing event, lol..yah tard.lol

10 bucks to spectate.  Hotel rooms are the challenge as most of the oil companies have them reserved, but as it gets closer the hotels start to release rooms.

True dat...

U2 :)))))

We're going to step up the game big time this year.. no more low boost bullshit:)

El Diablo and the Magic Man will roll...

buddy I'm going to register but there is a possibility and I may just fly in..

Can I ship my car UPS to your house kman if need be. lol signature required.. lol

RM is this a threat or a promise.. lol

lol

I know if you don't make it to Texas after starting all this bullshit There will be hell to pay.. :))))

Yah nut.. :))

Hey, I've talked before without an end result, but lately I've been on point. You bet your ass I'll be there.

And it looks like I'll have my car too now. I want that drive. Fuckin Kowalski in a purple car people. Looks like he upgraded and got a bit more flashy, but the spirit is still here. I may or may not partake in the actual mile, as there wouldn't be much point with a car like mine, I've gotten it MUCH faster on the um local roads cough and I'm not setting any records.

If I drive, just let me know which one of you crazy people need a ride from the airport. Otherwise, I'll start the auction at 5 bucks for the fastest car there (sam, mike) to pick me up at the airport, who ever has a sweet challenger that can convince me I need to dump 30 grand into my engine.

So I will start the list:

1. Rmft69

2. Bayou Tiger/Tigress

3. YellowJacket

4. Daparrothead

5. RT_6speed

6. Chris1992

7. Notsure

8. EODCM

9. HemiSam(he has not spoken up but I am betting on him coming and setting a new record!)

10. Hemi57

11. Lowlife

12. BillsRT

13. BlackVoodoo

14. TA 340

15. Oso

16. Foxe

17. Muzza61

Updated list. :)

The Holiday Inn Express is booked up now, but there's still availability at the Belmont Suites, right across the street where some of us stayed last year: http://www.belmontinnbeeville.com/

I booked a room at the Best Western Texan Inn, because it was cheaper and the Belmont Suites room really wasn't much of a suite.

Kayak is your friend: http://www.kayak.com/hotels#/Beeville,TX-c25477/2013-10-24/2013-10-27/2guests

^^^Well looks like I won't be picking you up then, I'm just a slow 6.1 .lol

Kwnny do me a favor grab me a room at the Belmont When you book a room yourself.

We will only be in Texas for three days so the Belmont will do just fine.

Wait a minute man I'm not going to have time to be running to a airport to pick you up.

Is the closest airport like two hours away??

rent a big fucking SUV it will come in handy as a sleeping chamber if you need it.

those days at the track get quite long at one point a phone howie urled up in the backseat of my car. vehicles come in handy as warming stations.

And never underestimate the fact that it may be very cold If I didn't have my racing suit last year I would have froze my ass off.

Just keep in mind we're talking about Texas it takes two days to get across that state and I think the closest airport is a couple hours away.lol

Hey, I've talked before without an end result, but lately I've been on point. You bet your ass I'll be there.

And it looks like I'll have my car too now. I want that drive. Fuckin Kowalski in a purple car people. Looks like he upgraded and got a bit more flashy, but the spirit is still here. I may or may not partake in the actual mile, as there wouldn't be much point with a car like mine, I've gotten it MUCH faster on the um local roads cough and I'm not setting any records.

If I drive, just let me know which one of you crazy people need a ride from the airport. Otherwise, I'll start the auction at 5 bucks for the fastest car there (sam, mike) to pick me up at the airport, who ever has a sweet challenger that can convince me I need to dump 30 grand into my engine.

Laugh out loud what in the living fuck are you talking about... lol

Kowalski would never be seen in a purple fucking car maybe Donny Osmond with his purple socks on.

Your new forum nickname is Donny Osmond done deal.

:)

Wink wink nudge nudge.... :)

I just booked Hampton Inn - a few minutes down the street.  I want the Hilton points.

I was able to reserve the room with 24 hour cancellation notice, so I suggest if anyone is thinking about going, it would be good to get the room now, but make sure you have the flexible rate so you can cancel.  Not sure if my wife is coming along, or if someone else can crash on the sofa bed.  Planning on Friday and Sat night.

The Best Western is a stone's throw away as is the Belmont...all good choices.  It's not a big town but it does light up for three days twice a year...

:D

HS

I just booked Hampton Inn - a few minutes down the street.  I want the Hilton points.

I was able to reserve the room with 24 hour cancellation notice, so I suggest if anyone is thinking about going, it would be good to get the room now, but make sure you have the flexible rate so you can cancel.  Not sure if my wife is coming along, or if someone else can crash on the sofa bed.  Planning on Friday and Sat night.

I claim the couch if your wife is not coming.

The Holiday Inn Express is booked up now, but there's still availability at the Belmont Suites, right across the street where some of us stayed last year: http://www.belmontinnbeeville.com/

I booked a room at the Best Western Texan Inn, because it was cheaper and the Belmont Suites room really wasn't much of a suite.

Kayak is your friend: http://www.kayak.com/hotels#/Beeville,TX-c25477/2013-10-24/2013-10-27/2guests

Good find Howie! I'll try to get on booking a room at Best Western too. I may have to get Kourtlyn to book it, one of the downsides of being only 20yo! I can get alcohol pretty much anywhere around here without them ID'ing, but I can't book a damn hotel room lol