Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Goehner

Post Pics Of Your Old Mopar Muscle Here.

81 posts in this topic

74runner74PWRWAGN_zps71c403e6.jpg

Finally got around to taking a pic of a pic.

First car, 74 Road Runner I bought when I was 15. Started life as a rust bucket 318 auto. Summer between my junior and senior year I helped a local guy sand the entire car to bare metal and replace the rear quarters. Senior year ended up changing the k frame so I could put a tired 400 in it from a $75 71 Roadrunner. I blew that motor up in 11 miles lol

Then I put a 383 in it from a 71 Imperial, that lasted 400 miles. Ended up having a buddy build a 440 for it when he was in tech school for auto mechanics. Ended up selling it to him around 92, he ended up selling it to the original owner who lived in our hometown and he still has it today.

74 Power Wagon was a rust bucket 360. Ended up rebuilding the 360, replacing the metal and painting it, 4" body lift and 4" lift kit, 35" BFG's on it. Sold that one in 91.

Its threads like this that make me wonder if getting a HC is the right move. I could keep my current SRT and fix up an older Mopar, specifically a 67-69 Barracuda, since those are still reasonable to purchase.

There is no beating a new car for performance and drive ability. 40 years of development is hard to beat. But the character and style of the older stuff is unmatched. Thats why I'm taking my coronet pro touring. Old school body with modern suspension/brakes/powertrain. Even with the big block and old 727 it drives well and has proven to be reliable for the past 5 years that I have owned it.

J

Its threads like this that make me wonder if getting a HC is the right move. I could keep my current SRT and fix up an older Mopar, specifically a 67-69 Barracuda, since those are still reasonable to purchase.

Old iron is cool.. when it's someone else's.  Great to look at on the outside, but suck in every way possible, unless you transplant new technology into them.

Yea, you guys are probably right. I just think back to the day when I had my 440 and how bad ass it sounded, how it shook the whole car lol. I was building a 68 Barracuda with a stroked 440 to 500CI, 6 pack, 727 with trans brake and sold it all to move to AZ. I regret that every day and I guess I just want to finish what I started on that. Maybe down the road when I have a bigger garage.. HellCat  is first!!

Most of you guys have seen this already but just posting it up here for the thread. 72 Demon 340. Was an original rallye red 4 speed car that someone before me pro streeted. I'm guessing it was done around the mid 90s. 340, 671, Accel DFI with full manual reverse pattern 727 and the requisite 4 link suspension and Ford 9 inch rear. Nice little cruiser but needs more power ;-)

3b983497d65739bd8107b9227d639b4c.jpg738421bbb25fe3d26b1d111ac80f6b60.jpgcf02aabd935f2735cfa542e6a9008114.jpg

Actually been kicking around the idea. My brother wants me to put my Aluminum 440 I built for the Coronet in it and race the MSHS with it. I'm thinking maybe a nice 5.7 eagle to play on the 340 theme ( I know it's a 345 but...). First order of business is to finish the Coronet. Then move on to the Demon.

Hey guys this is my 1974 cuda pro street. Has a 426 hemi with a 8-71 dyers blower making 750 hp, 4 link rear end, full tube chassis, full roll bar, candy paint job, and not to mention she can get down the road pretty quick! Hope you guys like it!

post-4218-0-43360000-1410978552_thumb.jpg

20140310_185223_zpsb5f65a59.jpg

20140430_221844_zpsc0cd3cf2.jpg

How she sits now. And I started finalizing a lot of stuff including coating the rear end. Just moments after this pick was taken I dropped the housing on top of a wrench on the hood of the car scratching the shit out of it. I just cant win with the new stuff.

Now i just ran the brake lines except to connect the long line from mc to rear housing and the mc lines themselves. Keep forgetting the damn line lock to order.

The 2.2L turbo (146hp) was probably the hottest motor that Dodge was offering in the mid '80s. My dear Mom had a Daytona Turbo that I used to beat up on Camaros with. :)

And to think there are people out there that are complaining about the 707hp Hellcat. lol

I was pushing 15 psi (compared to 7-9 psi stock) through that little 2.2 and other than head gaskets and transmissions, the thing just took it.

I stopped driving it when I had kids and sold it in 2008 to get the Challenger.  I couldn't imagine what would happen to any of us if we got into an accident in that little tin can.