Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Goehner

Post Pics Of Your Old Mopar Muscle Here.

81 posts in this topic

The 2.2L turbo (146hp) was probably the hottest motor that Dodge was offering in the mid '80s. My dear Mom had a Daytona Turbo that I used to beat up on Camaros with. :)

And to think there are people out there that are complaining about the 707hp Hellcat. lol

The 175 hp GLHS was a blast... had Charger GLHS #589 for a while.....totally would knock the snot out of the 90s 5.0s :) add the 12 psi Mopar408 Computer and different cam....man did that thing move :)

My first car back in '91 was a beater '74 Dart.  $450.  Looked like ass on the outside, but had a rebuilt 318 in it.  Downside, the mechanic who owned it converted it to an auto from a 3sp manual for his mother...then she didn't want it.

74DartSport.jpg

Wrecked the Dart a year later, bought a '74 Gold Duster for $150, needed a trans.  $50 later with a trans...

IMG_0003.jpg

Still had when I joined the navy, found a '72 I raced while I was in FL

IMG_0008.jpg

Went on a deployment, found a note making me an offer I couldn't refuse, so I sold them both and bought my beater '72 Charger...

IMG_0001.jpg

Had a 318, blew the trans.  Replaced the trans, then 6mos later the oil pump blew.  Went back to the same Cordoba in the same junkyard  and snagged the 360 out of it and dropped that in.  Much more fun to drive, but the electrical system was going, going...found a '72 Road Runner for sale fall of '96.  Needed an engine/trans, but came with an ass ton of parts.  $500.

n_a.jpg

Unfortunately never took any pics of it while it was running.  Built that car with a healthy 400.  Had lots of plans for it...then engine fire, followed shortly with going back into the service.  Decided to sell it rather than let her rot.  Ended back in FL and found this for $1000:

Right-front.jpg

'74 Monaco 2 dr, factory 440.  Previous owner had swapped in the column and interior from an Imperial.  Had this from 2001 to 2005.  Katrina took this one away from me, along with all the parts I had garnered for it as well.  Last classic I had.

Here's an older picture of my 79 Li'l Red Truck, it's a little rougher than this now.  I've had it since July 3 1998. Has a Magnum 360 crate motor rated at 300 HP, but I doubt mine is near that with factory exhaust manifolds on it.  Been through a few transmissions, they were based on the smaller 904, I eventually put it in a 727, which is what they shipped with. 9-1/4 differential rebuilt with 3.55 gears and limited slip.

Electrical/wiring issues... someone cut up the factory stuff pretty good in places.  They had installed a 117 amp alternator and used the wiring from the smaller 65 amp unit (or whatever it was), which partially melted the firewall connector.  The Amp gauge had scorched and partially melted its plastic stand-offs in the instrument cluster (fairly common on trucks in that era).  Most of the gauges didn't work, the fuel, oil and water temp gauges were fried when some one jumpered 12V from the Amp gauge, the gauges are designed for 5 or 6V, they were not happy.

The frame around the steering gearbox had cracks I didn't know about.  When the steering got bad I checked, after learning it was yet another common failing for the D100 and D150's, and found cracks coming from all 4 bolt holes in the frame, and two cracks were inches from connecting.  Got those welded up and added a gearbox brace from a mid-80's D150 (factory "fix" to add some strength), that made a huge difference in it's steering.

pass34.jpg

This was my 2nd car, bought right out of high school in 1988. My first car should have been a 1971 Challenger R/T 440/727 but the owner did not want to sell it to a scrawny 15 year old kid. Probably a good choice, but I sure wish he would have, I would still have that car today!

1968 Coronet that I bought with a 383/727. No heater(Crazy in Wyoming lol), no back seat, but I had so many fun times in that car. It had a pretty nice paint job and had painted scripting on the back that said "Mothers Nightmare" lol. Indeed it was. I ended up blowing the 383 and bought and rebuilt a 440(Curiously the same motor that was in a 68 Roadrunner that was my first exposure to the power of Mopar) Anyway, run the hell out of the 440, Joined the USMC and blew it up(Head Gasket, cracked head) on the drive to Camp Pendleton, but it did get me there. Pulled the motor, sold the body to another Marine who took it back to Colorado. I eventually stroked the 440 to 500 CI, but never finished the build on my 500 CI/6bbl/727 equipped 1968 Barracuda. I regret selling that Barracuda and parts everyday.. Anyway, here it is..

MothersNightmare_zps1aaf8370.jpg

1970 Challenger I used to cruise back and forth from Camp Pendleton to San Diego weekly. 225 slant 6, 3 speed. Car was in rough shape and the best part of it was the new, chrome gas cap, but it only cost me $600.

70Challenger_zps89ff65ff.png

This is how my 70 Barracuda build started. I bought the car back in 2008 off Craigslist just like this....it was originally a 383/4bbl/auto trans car but I didn't get an engine, trans, or fender tag.

70Cuda.jpg

I bought this 1969 Belvedere from the original owner. The title was the original title dated April 1969! It was a 383/2bbl/Auto car that I drove for awhile. Eventually I needed the money to buy a van (for kids) and sold it. I miss the car but it's only 30 miles away and the guy who bought it from me is in the middle of a full blown resto on it

69Belv.jpg

My oldest daughter (then 3 years old) is in the front seat.

69Belv2.jpg

Here are a few B bodies I've set aside in the back of the shop. From left to right: 68 GTX, 68 Roadrunner post, 70 Super Bee

image_2.jpeg

68 Charger RT I bought out of San Antonio

image.jpeg

Two weeks after I bought the 1968 Charger RT, I ended up putting a quick deal for this 1969 Charger survivor. The gentleman I bought it from had owned it since 1977 and had kept it in storage since 1985. I heard about the car and tracked him down 9 months before but he was not interested in selling. I called him periodically over the next 9 months with no luck. One day, out of the blue, he contacted me saying he was thinking of selling so we arranged a time for me to come look. I showed up to "look" at it with a trailer and cash. We struck a deal and I trailered it home. It is in amazing shape. It's got some light rust here and there but the frame rails and floor pans are a thing of beauty. The original 383/2bbl has never been out of the car. The paint is 95% original except for a couple touchups and the interior is original. 

image_1_3.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

image_1_1.jpeg

image_3.jpeg

image_4_1.jpeg

image.jpeg