Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RT6SPD

My New Truck.

39 posts in this topic

Got the truck running pretty good. Its dark but you can hear it running. Waiting for parts to fix Ebrake. About a week and will get the safety finalized. Passed everthing except a few little tinkering things. Mechanical all new except for 1 kinked rear ebrake cable.

Sorry there wasn't any smoking tires...  I just got it idling... I need to fix ther tranny linkage and kickdown first....  lol Boring but thought I would post it anyways.

It already has a built Cleveland and tranny in it. Put on the dyno and find out the HP, Paint and Chrome replacement. I can tell it has a nice cam by the idle.  idled down to 800RPM it gets pretty lumpy. Thx for the Reply Goehner. :)

I love the older 56 Ford trucks (in canary yellow). 

8481747364_525a26e7a8_o.jpg

Nice Truck. That one is a 54 or 55. The 56 has a wrap around windshield and the hump on the driverside dashboard and a different V8 grille. I want to restore a 56 ford Truck or panel someday. I have a '48 chevy panel that I need to start restoring someday soon. I plan on putting a modern Ls drivetrain in it but its a long ways aways from that.

Got a question for you guys and gals. When running 92 octane the truck runs great and there is no run on when shutting down engine. Tried 89 octane today and now am getting run on. No detonation at wot.  Is this a High compression symptom? I have no idea the specs on this engine. Its powerful and its a 351 C. Thats all I know.

Thx.

Got a good used Ford made passenger fender $25, used grille assy $150, used bumper $25, rechroming $550, used front valance $25, prep for paint Dipped and primed $100. Looks much better with no dents. Except for the passenger door. My paint guy is going to fix that for me.

Looks like you're having fun. :}

Got a question for you guys and gals. When running 92 octane the truck runs great and there is no run on when shutting down engine. Tried 89 octane today and now am getting run on. No detonation at wot.  Is this a High compression symptom? I have no idea the specs on this engine. Its powerful and its a 351 C. Thats all I know.

Thx.

Were you able to figure out what was causing this? Compression won't be that high to cause 'dieseling'.

It could be a hot spot (carbon build up, hot plug tips, etc.) that the lower octane is more succeptable to. I'd avoid the lower octane fuel until you figure it out.

Update. At my friends in Alberta. Front end disassembled and doing rust repair as needed. Getting the firewall painted, engine bay being painetrd, sandblasting the frame and everything and painting that as well, building the 351 Cobrajet. Just waiting for the bearings. None were available in Canada, had to order from Summit Racing. Dont have time to get the exterior painted, but engine bay will be pretty much done. The rest can be done next year. Will post pics when I get home. Limited internet acess here. Have a great long weekend everyone.

For years I had a canary yellow 1965 Ford P/U with a straight 6 300. 1st year of the twin I-Beam. I kick myself for letting that one get away from me.

My dad had a 72 with the 351 similair to yours but dads was a stick. I used it a lot for boon docking and hunting in my teens. It was 2 wheel drive but I don't ever recall getting stuck in it.  It was an ugly two tone beige/brown color.

Yours looks like a fun project. Have fun with it.

Finally got a picture uploaded. Got the engine built and in. Need exhaust and intake gaskets. Should arrive tomorrow. Then we will try to fire it up. After that the front clip goes on and then back home. 12 hrs away. 3 weeks 12 hrs a day 7 days a week. Here is the result so far. image_zpsdf4b4ee1.jpg