Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Roomraider

Dss 9" Housing Gasket Part # ????

33 posts in this topic

Um.... i dont think so john

Thegasket is a .031" shim as well as a gasket.....

shim for what? the cover. every 9" I have ever seen has grey and no gasket, everyone I even seen leave the shop has gray and no gasket.

for the IRS setup its wrong then... 

the stubs need to be almost perfect alignment with the center of the diff... 

being .031" off is a very big cunt hair to be off by. 

Ordered that gasket from your Summit link for $11, delivery tomorrow. Local speed shop wants $25.

According to my gear guy, pinion had 2 different wear marks on it & "added .002" to get the drive side dead nuts & took out some lash because it's a stick, we'll see. Thanks again Mani!

Well the results are in: Taking out a little lash quieted it down some, enough that I can live with anyway. I'm thinking the solid bushings are amplifying gear whine that was already there & I couldn't hear it so much with the rubber or the polys. Anyway, thank you all for your suggestions to resolve the unresolvable.

Solid bushings are likely to amplify NVH, Frank, but the trans from liberty...that's a TBD, buddy.  Let us know how it goes. 

We drive big beatches and you're making a lot of torque at launch with that PD blower.  Welcome to the party...

hu1422.gif

:D

HS

Sam, there's no disputing your 1rst hand knowledge of such matters. You're the foremost authority on busted 6 spds, until a viable solution is available, I guess stick lovers will just have to deal with it.lol

LMAO...six-speed brethren in arms.  I truly loved driving the car in stick form...major boner material.  Hopefully the few niggles with the auto will be wrapped up in the next couple of weeks and I'll have the big girl back home.  Keeping the big girl in one piece would be something new and entertaining....

IMG956506.jpg

:D

HS