Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

FlyByU

~~2011 Atco Modern Street Hemi Shootout Friday November 4Th~~

113 posts in this topic

MSHSfinal-small.jpg

aebig.gif parmount300v1.jpg

2011 ATCO Modern Street HEMI Shootout presented by:

ShopHEMI.com & Paramount Performance Products

Featuring the American Racing Headers King of the Hill Award

Master.jpg

ATCO Raceway

1000 Jackson Rd

Atco, NJ 08004

$120 to race in two classes, any one heads up class and Index.

Gates open around 830am, racing from 930am to 430pm.

This event is season finale with the series champions being award their prizes along with the event prizes. ATCO's prize pool will be doubled with all the event prizes from the rain cancelled Virginia event being carried over to this one. Each class will have two primary sponsors with cash prizes at $1000 each in addition to prizes. We have exclusive use of the track from 930am to 430pm. You will have ample opportunity to practice and dial in your car during the day. There is a speed shop on site with race fuel, nitrous and pretty much anything else you will need. It opens at 11am.

For those travelling from out of town, not only will you have the opportunity to race ATCO on Friday but you can also race Englishtown on Saturday. We scheduled our event to be in conjunction with the HHP Mopar event at Englishtown so both tracks can be attended in one trip. Records will be broken and Personal Bests will be achieved, negative DA at two of the worlds fastest tracks is a must attend.

5 Classes of racing all included in the points series championship

5.7L N/A Heads Up

6.1L N/A Heads Up

Stroker N/A Heads Up

Unlimited Heads Up

Index

Rules:

Points System

Showing up to race (Tech) - 1 PT

Round win - 1 PT

Class winner - 1 PT

Attend atleast 4 series events - 2 PTS

New Rule for 2011 Points Series

Minimum weight with driver for all N/A heads up classes is 4000 lbs.

Unlimited and Index classes have no weight restrictions.

Drag Pak Challengers are permitted to run in Unlimited Heads Up only. While running in that class, they are to retain their NHRA class configurations of No Power Adders, No Head Work and Limited to 378 cubic Inches.

Class rules:

5.7L N/A Heads Up-

• Must be 5.7L powered LX/LC vehicle (Dodge Charger, Magnum, Challenger, Chrysler 300C)
  • Must run normally aspirated
  • Minimum weight with driver of 4000 lbs
  • Pro Tree

6.1L N/A Heads Up-

• Must be a 6.1L powered LX/LC/SRT Jeep (Dodge Charger, Magnum, Challenger, Chrysler 300C, SRT Jeep Cherokee)
  • Pro Tree

Stroker N/A Heads Up-

• Must be a gen III based HEMI LX/LC/SRT Jeep (Dodge Charger, Magnum, Challenger, Chrysler 300C, SRT Jeep Cherokee)
  • Any displacement is permitted
  • Pro Tree

Unlimited Heads Up-

• Must be a gen III based HEMI LX/LC/SRT Jeep (Dodge Charger, Magnum, Challenger, Chrysler 300C, SRT Jeep Cherokee, Drag Pak Challengers)
  • Any displacement is permitted
  • All power adders allowed
  • No weight restriction
  • Pro Tree
  • Drag Pak Challengers are permitted to run in Unlimited Heads Up only. While running in that class, they are to retain their NHRA class configurations of No Power Adders, No Head Work and Limited to 378 cubic Inches.

More info to follow........

Event Hotel

Wingate by Wyndham

1000 Laurel Oak Road

Voorhees, NJ 08043 US

856-627-1000

Group code is "LXForums"

$92 a night for Thursday November 3rd and Friday November 4th.

Event information for the Englishtown HHP event on Saturday after ATCO.

http://www.lxforums....-e-town-279387/

Class sponsors (red print is ATCO sponsor and black print is the carry over sponsor from the VMP rainout) :

5.7L N/A Heads Up

BFNY Performance

ShopHEMI.com & Paramount Performance

6.1L N/A Heads Up

Stage 6 Motorsports

Stage 6 Motorsports

Stroker N/A Heads Up

Hemituner

Starr Motors

Unlimited

Twin Turbo Creations

Dyno Tuned Performance

Index

BilletTechnology

BilletTechnology

Thanks to www.dashboss.com for sponsoring ATCO with 3 of their fantastic DashBoss units. These things are the latest and greatest for logging via your Iphone. Very slick and compact.

Dashboss.png

These next two were donated at VMP, I just want to remind everyone that they are now part of the ATCO event.

Jack Reyolds/Jack SickSRT and his lovely wife Jane have donated $500 cash to help with prize money and expenses for VMP. What can I say, HUGE HUGE HUGE help. Thank you so much.

Reynolds.jpg

Well it doesnt stop there. Jack mentioned he might be able to get us a prize from his good friend Captain Steve. Steve raced with us at the ATCO event and will be back for the VA event. Not only will he race but he has donated a Charter Fishing Trip to the prize pool. Here are the details provided to me from Jack.

A Fishing trip out of Rudee inlet here in Va. Beach. The winner will have the option of a Striped Bass trip between Jan. and March (WORLD CLASS striper fishing here) OR a summer trip(May through September) that will include soooo many different inshore species you can't put them in writing. This trip is for a party of SIX!! You can check out Steve's operation at BACKLASH Fishing Charters or Go to Rudee Inlet Fishing Centers Web and search BACKLASH!

This is a retail value of $800.00; YES EIGHT HUNDRED!!!

Backlash.jpg

I would also like to thank GSOchallenger aka Mike Doyle. He has donated $200 cash on behalf of GSO racing to be added to the ATCO prize pool. Thanks Mike

it's not on Atco's site Tout, it's really a big track rental. Nobody ever has us on the web site. We don't get no respect cause our cars don't say Ford.

On another note:

Got my car all strightened out and new plugs in it. :D

I am really look forward to getting to the track again, great bunch of people to hang around and just have some fun.

Talked to Brad this afternoon and we are on schedule for the Drag Pak to be done, Tim sould be testing Linda's car the same weekend, so I hope both cars will be at Atco.

Glad to hear Linda's car is ready for testing now. I won't be there but will follow posts, pics, and video's. Good Luck!

I hope so Jim, this trans problem has been a PITA for Tim as well, I am grateful that AJ is helping out.

Tout

vroom vroom vroom

Linda is gonna spank the DP car

Going to get her in the DP @ VMP for some easy runs.

Brad has a handle on the engine, MOPAR did it right on these engines,red line was set for 7200 and the engine builder told Brad don't be afraid to go higher it can handle it.

Tout

I really hope I am back in town for this, definitely want to go but have to get my cage in order first. I have heard Atco is strict on tech

I am going to ATCO on Monday, Ill get a better feel for them then. Dont get too worried about this no matter what you hear.

Dan I ran a 9.94 at 144 thusday night and nobody said a word but itwas my last pass.

John

Great run. Do you notice any difference with the 15" wheels and slicks? Are you still driving to the track and changing wheels. Good luck You the Man!

Bill

I would like to formally announce that Dennis Walker and his Worlds Quickest Dodge Challenger will be attending the event making exhibition runs throughout the day. His goal is to run low 7's in front of a crowd full of modern HEMI owners and racers.

Thanks Dennis