Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Guest HemiRob

Diablo Sport Intune?

55 posts in this topic

Hmmmm, wanna see them actually for sale from a vendor, and I got some questions too. Does it show live data on the screen etc.

By the time they get the thing to market, I'll be done with all my tuning and won't need it anymore. The race tune was my final piece to the puzzle and it's almost done.

Sooooo, it costs less, has more memory, is smaller, probably has a better touch screen, faster processor....what am I missing?

And drag/drop loading of updates or tunes (think of using a USB Drive). So no more DS Downloader. And its not plastic haha

Not hating on the Trinity at all, I just think overall this unit is gonna be killer!

Would I be correct in assuming that the functionality that the InTune offers 2011+ owners is limited to diagnostics and datalogging?

So what's the difference between the Trinity and the InTune? The InTune looks to be a way better tool than the Trinity based on the features list, but it's $200 CHEAPER?! I have to be missing something.

I've asked the questions over at Diablosport forums:

http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=32708&start=0

Mikey, if you have contacts and can find out let us know. I'm curious if you can setup PID dashboards and data log and see live data while it's logging, stuff like that.

The Trinity still gives you the real time datalogging and all the 0-60 and 1/4 timers.

While the inTune has a much bigger memory for datalogging. You can't watch it in real time like the Trinity.

Would I be correct in assuming that the functionality that the InTune offers 2011+ owners is limited to diagnostics and datalogging?

For now - yes.

The Trinity still gives you the real time datalogging and all the 0-60 and 1/4 timers.

While the inTune has a much bigger memory for datalogging. You can't watch it in real time like the Trinity.

That's no good. As advanced as that thing is with dual processors and all that, the nice screen, surely it shows you the pids it's datalogging? I don't need the timers and 0-60 stuff...I just want it to data log properly and show me what's what.

I like the functionality of the Trinity, but it's so damn chincy in design package. Shame.

OK, this is what MikeL said on the Trinity Forum:

it is NOT a monitoring device. No fancy gauges, no shift lights' no dash mount, no SD card, no virtual dragstrip, etc.

Its what it has over Predator (one part number, analog inputs, etc) that make it different.

Trinity is still the high end tuner for all applications, with inTune being a Predator replacement icon_wink.gif

So it'll data log like the Predator and has analog inputs. Damn.

Just spoke with my contact at Diablo -

while datalogging you can see the PIDs live - just not in gauge format like the Trinity.

Thanks Mikey. Any idea what that means? Is it just numbers on the screen or ? How many can be displayed? That would be workable for me. I just need to see the data, don't care if it's pretty.

Thanks Mikey. Any idea what that means? Is it just numbers on the screen or ? That would be workable for me. I just need to see the data, don't care if it's pretty.

I would say it is going to be like how the Predator does it on datalogging but possibly be prettier. And easier to hold lol

IMG_6453.jpg

Like the PIDs listed on the left side of the screen while the data being displayed on the right side of the screen.

Until I have seen it I will not know 100% to tell you exact. But that is what I am assuming it looks like.

I'll stick with the Trinity. It's fragile, but if you handle it with care it has everything. Had mine two and a half yeats now.

Agreed, Denis. Plus there's no guarantee this unit is any less fragile than the Trinity.

We use Diablosport out of necessity, not because "Whoa - their products are so friggin great!" They're the only game in town.

J - that's my boy...high maintenance lol

Look at the size of it folks. When you're queued up on the strip, and you get to use the touch screen ahead of your run, it's tough enough with a screen the size of the Trinity's, and I'm not some huge dude...5'11". I wouldn't want the touch screen to be any smaller. The window mount with the Trinity works well and the thing has gobs of memory. The cable can be finicky, but once you figure it out using your head and your eyes, it's manageable. Only real complaint I had was getting it working the first time (I got a dud which was replaced quickly) and I had to loose the screws a few turns to get the touch screen to work properly. Now, it works like a dream.

HemiSam

I don't know that the size would be of issue since it's not meant to be a permanent mount gauge solution like the trinity. I'd love to see some video to prove that theory right though....like selecting PIDs and data logging....if you can't setup a dashboard and select it each time you wanna data log it becomes less "handy" in that regard, but will make a KILLER Predator replacement.

MikeL from Diablo did tell me in their forum that the Trinity is still meant to be their top of the line product and that if data logging is the main goal it is the one to get. I'm just not thrilled with the price for how fragile it is. They could have easily put those electronics in a better package for $600.

I may just stick to what I've been doing and save my money, AJ likes the way I do it and it gets the job done. I really just wanted the new toy to dial in my race tune, but that's almost done anyway.