Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest HemiRob

Bumpsteer

I noticed my srt has bump steer a couple of weekends ago when I took a weekend trip, while driving on two lane highways. Is there anything I can do to reduce the bumpsteer?

Absolutely the best suspension mod for the money! I run a Pedders bumpsteer kit...installed it a couple of years ago. Cheap and fairly simple. Now there's more options. I think Razor's Edge has an adjustable one, but once you get the angle of deflection addressed, I don't see the value in adjusting it vs the effort. Speedlogix may have one...can't recall. There's one more out there.

HemiSam

I went with the Pedders also, worth every penny! Install their bump steer bushings and leave it alone.

Thanks Sam for posting the links!

Difference mainly in our kit vs. Pedders - the Pedders basically moves the steering rack - ours leaves it alone and allows for adjustment based off stock geometry. It is the same idea that has been used for years on Bumpsteer kits on many other vehicles ;)

Let me know! We have these in stock and ready to go!

Mikey

We need to update our picture for it!

Now both the 392 and 05-10 kits look like this:

5935775416_aa40db3f0d_z.jpg

Only difference is the 05-10 cars use a 14mm bolt on the end of the steering rack while the 11 + cars have a 16mm bolt.

The good thing with the bumpsteer kits - it replaces the tie rod end which is a common failure on the LX and LC cars :)

Did rem fix the problem with the studs breaking??

Haven't had that problem with many of the units we have sold. The one time we did - was because the install was not done correct and customer/shop over tighten the top bolt causing it to snap.

But to make it easier - that "problem" piece you are alluding too was changed - so the install is easier and that problem will not happen.

Although the design is exactly the same as it has been for years on other performance vehicles and such before our change and they never seemed to have the problem. But we changed it to a stronger metal and different design to make it easier on everyone.