Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gotanks0407

Rocker Shaft Dowel Issue

I've had this clicking sound going on for a while, and it gets louder the longer it sits, and sometimes is loud on start up (probably when its cold). and it just noticed the click sound has to be the fuel injectors, and the whole fuel rail move very noticable when it clicks. so could my fuel injectors be going bad? i have no idea whats going on with it. its been going it for a while though, probably a year or 2. and i do have spare injectors from my vortech install i could use. that is if the 5.7L injectors work on the 2.7L without any tuning or anything. what do you think guys?

P.S. and were talking about the 2.7L SE not the 5.7L SE

Im sure its gona requier tunning but if the rail is moving,it's probably the injectors. Can you get a sound clip?

ive got plenty of clips of it somewhere *goes to hunt for them* and there is no tuner for 2.7L and diablo doesnt plan on releasing them either.

found:

All quoted from here: http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=141868 hope i dont get banned for "advertising" another forum, rofl

heh, it was no big deal really. i wish i had the foresight to have ordered the rocker dowels in advance though. for anyone that isnt aware, there are 4 locating dowels for the exhaust rockers, it keeps the shaft in position, and aligns the oiling holes in the shaft. if the pins seperate or break, then the shaft can rotate, and the lash adjusters fail to get oil, and tick....

pics.

3101686838_ce8a2bc2ba.jpg

3101686294_404b2f277f.jpg?v=0

3100850311_7019a55833.jpg?v=0

On those 3.5L's, always order 2 kits of the shaft pedestals. They come with the dowels. And always do the Exahust Rocker Shafts.

Here's some of my pictures of what happens to the dowels.

Rockers001.jpg

Rockers008.jpg

Rockers009.jpg

so its a rocker shaft dowel issue? so whats the damage? how much money im looking at to get this fixed, i dont do handy work on the 2.7L