Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

sinmiedo

Radiator

Some how cooling fans blades broke and punctured holes in radiator on my 6spd 09 SRT Challenger. No dealer around me has in stock and when I looked at replacements there seem to be many different inlet, outlet and body sizes. Anyone find one that fits and works? I'm in a field training exercise and can't measure or pull out old one until Sunday but I'd like to see if I can get one to have ready to install. Thanks.

I just looked at RA.  They show to have 3 in stock.  I have the stock one out of my 09 R/T.  Shows to be the same number if you are interested in a used one.

I appreciate your help but the I have SRT and RT has different radiators according to dodge the SRT uses a severe ll cooling radiator.

I just looked too..3 servere duty Mopar radiators on RA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks waiting to see if they have in stock. I found a few online but no one had on hand and it's back ordered. Thanks for the link!

Very welcome. Good guys there and big supporters of the community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This will probably piss you off but I just tossed one into the trash on Tuesday night because it had the most minor leak at the side seem. As far as differences the SRT rad has a 1" wider core then the RT and the top hose connection is one size smaller. The extra severe one requires some fitment work, but all three fit and have the hose connections in the right place. I'll take a look and see if I have another one tonight. But I think I used my last SRT on the maggy a couple weeks back.

Also search threads by mattrobertson on LXF, he did a full blown thread on all the radiator options over a few years. You could maybe try joelvan on there as well and see if he still makes his and has any.

El Diablo,

Thanks I called and emailed them to confirm they have in stock and Greg called me back with good news they have have them in stock I just have to verify which one I need as they have two different types for mounting AC condenser. Just hurts upgrading something that worked fine and wasn't looking at spending 600 on radiator but looks like I have no other options. Thanks for all those who have helped me on this forum!

quote name="El Diablo" post="457308" timestamp="1475793312"]HHP may have a fluidyne aluminum replacement on hand.

http://www.highhorseperformance.com/Fluidyne_Aluminum_Radiator_for_5_7L_6_1L_6_4L_p/shp30-hd.htm

http://www.highhorseperformance.com/Fluidyne_hemi_Radiator_for_5_7L_6_1_Challenger_p/shp30-std.htm

Sucks to drop the dime, but it's a nice upgrade from stock

I'll find out tomorrow when it comes in, I don't mind dropping coin on quality parts but in this case there was no need. SRT radiator with Procharger intercooler still kept temps 180-195 in heavy traffic and Texas heat. Dodge SRT radiator is on national back order with no estimated delivery date. All of the other brands of radiators that say they are SRT OEM replacements are not the same the core thickness ranged from 1-1.5 inches and SRT is 1.75 other differences were in let and out let size and AC condenser mounts. So I didn't want to risk it not having enough cooling capacity. I've heard nothing but good things about Fluidyne radiators and Joelvan was another option cheaper just as good but 2-3 week lead time since I mostly daily drive HHP to the rescue in stock and shipped worst part is I'm last on USPS route.

Thanks to all that helped out!!

I run the fluidyne in my daily driver....it's ok. I dropped about 5 degrees average drive temps with the new radiator. Nothing ground breaking, but in Houston temps ac on and sitting in traffic.....anything helps. It is a very nice quality radiator.

I e used several Fluidyne radiators, they have always been top notch in quality and adds quite the flare under the hood. As a bonus like N1S above said, they always dropped running temps considerably ( 5 + degrees is considerable ) which of course is always good for the engine, not only for power production but longevity. One of the biggest bonuses most don't think about is weight savings, aluminum is quite lighter than the stock...with that said I'm not sure what material the challenger uses for the radiator, possibly it is already AI ? If so, that's only one less bonus from the upgrade...it's still a considerable upgrade IMO.

Well fluidyne, AC condenser and Procharger HO intercooler don't work well together. Kind of upsetting considering when I asked beforeI ordered if this would fit and was told yes and it doesn't. The cooling fans holes didn't line up, had to drill new hole to make fit no big deal. Then mounting the condenser 2 out of 4 holes aligned one I had to shim to make it work and the last hole mount is way off had to drill condenser mount and it's barely holding. Also factory hardware will not work had to get new bolts for fans and condenser. All these little issues and now having to notch bumper or see if I can shim it forward and have front bumper still line up.

Just suck when parts use terms like drop in replacement don't fit. So wasted a weekend trying to make make it work but not enough room when intercooler won't fit and about 1 1\2 hours on the phone. So if you run prochager and AC you might have issues making it fit. Sucks dropping $600 on a radiator and more work to make it fit.