Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

RT_6Speed

Billet Tech Order Won't Be On The Sleigh

43 posts in this topic

I've always heard Billet Tech was slow, slow, slow when it comes to actually delivering a product but a month and "still processing". Last month I ordered some small parts. Nothing custom, all selected from the default pull-down menus and a month later... "still processing". Not the end of the world but damn... I could understand maybe if I ordered some custom one off part rather than generic R/T items.

Now when I put that discount code on here last month I warned you all they sucked when it came to putting the product out. They make a nice product, but I have never seen a company over promise as much as they do on delivering stuff. They will blame it on the larger than expected sales on the holiday discount but they are slow to produce anytime you order.

yeah, we pay big bucks for BT stuff and you would think they would actually have their standard products in stock (at least a few of each). I'm still waiting on the followup return call for my two small parts I ordered now 6 weeks out. "I think it's in this batch we just go tin" - TBH I don't think they make their own stuff. This whole industry (aftermarket car parts) is a drop ship sight unseen buisness model where they retailer doesn't have a clue on what is in stock at the OEM.

Almost if not as bad as AFR, their communications sucks big time and I'm still waiting for my hood to be delivered (they told me Friday, shipper told me Tuesday now it's suppose to be here today) Then again I only spent $3000 with them so why should I complain..... Hood better be all it's cracked (please no pun intended) up to be.....

i agree it may be slow at times but thats kind of why i went with their "stock" designs like the Mopar M for my fuse box and "SRT" engraves on my underhood kit

Scott and the boys are nothing but stand up dudes,You have to realize that their a small buisness and with the holidays they prob ARE slammed.Have you ever thought of calling them? You can also Im Scott on FB or PM him on LX forums.

BT makes great products - they do take a little longer to get because of the work they do. It is worth the wait.

One thing I can say for sure - they make all of their products in house. I have been to their place many times and seen where the parts are made (And seen the parts in the process of being made). The only thing not done in house is the Anodizing. But they are not a "Made in China" or "Drop Ship" company at all.

the quality of the BT stuff speaks for itself. i dont mind the 8 week wait time or even longer.... it takes a lot to make most of those parts......

No doubt about it their shit is awesome. I guess maybe they could let people know that it is going to take at least 2 months for you to get your shit that way you can expect it.

I called the week before Christmas and was told they would call me back the next day (when the stuff was coming back from the anodizer) they never did.

Just got off the phone and was told they would ship the item that was in stock and would ship asap the other item when it came back from the engraver. I also ordered stock items not custom so I would assume the should have contacted me upon placing my order that there was a delay or when they relied they where low or out of said item. My biggest gripe is they charged me the day I ordered the item (again not custom but stock) they should not be charging your CC until they ship an item. Maybe that would speed them up.

Mikey, I was also under the impression they did everything in house but they do use an outside anodizer and engraver, I was first told my "black items where not back from the anodizer yet, now I'm told the second item was coming back from the engraver, so they don't do everything in house.

Good luck RT and RD. Chuck has talked about purchasing a custom engraved fuse box cover. Now I am nervous about ordering from BT.

They do great work, with the exception of their oil cap covers. Just realize that stock items take just as long as custom items. If they say 5 weeks, expect 6-8 weeks and your CC to be charged upon order (custom or not)

Mikey, I was also under the impression they did everything in house but they do use an outside anodizer and engraver, I was first told my "black items where not back from the anodizer yet, now I'm told the second item was coming back from the engraver, so they don't do everything in house.

You told you that? Because it is incorrect.

Engraves are done in-house. Only things not done in house are Polishing/Anodizing.

The guy who answered the phone and checked on my order 30 minutes ago

Im the guy who you spoke too "Scott" When I said "Out at engrave" maybe I should have been a little more clear. We are a 5k sq ft facitily. Im in an office that is 500 sq ft. When I said out at engrave I meant the shop. We have a machine strcitly set up for engrave. SO that is where your second part is. "Waiting inline to be engraved".

Hopefully this clears that up.

Let me clear a few other things up.

We make EVERYTHING IN HOUSE However ,we do not do anodizing/polish. This is the reason for some of the longer lead times. Our lead times are determined on what thier work load looks like..

Speaking of lead times, All of our lead times are on our site,On the forums we support. And even on the invoice you get when an item is purchased.

If someone is not happy with the lead times then I wouldnt order.

Now do we go over lead times? Yup we Sure do. Especially when we offer a 40% discount to folks. "who does this"?Who would of thunk we would do 490 orders

the first hour. We sure as hell didnt..

Now let me add after we saw the volume we did we sent out a Mass email "twice" letting our customers know of the expected delays. We also posted on all supporting forums. We posted on both of our facebook pages, It's all there for all to read. And if you didnt get it. Welp then pick up the phone and call. We are here to help.

Also let me add we do not charge anyone until there item is ready to ship. "Unless you use paypal" as that is out of our hands. We dont own paypal..

Are we slow to ship? Yup we sure are. We keep everything in "Blanks" and make/color/engrave to order. Very little stays "In stock" as we offer over 5k options when you add all the colors,engrave's,hoses' etc etc etc.. I just dont have the roon to possibly stock it all.Remember Folks We are not ebay or walmart. We do not buy overseas parts and drop ship them. Again We make everything to order.

In closing I hope this clears a few things up. If anyone is still not satisfied then please let me know and Ill cancel your order and we can part ways..

Any other questions please shoot us an email..

Thanks and Happy New Year..

I can understand some people being a little anxious to get what they ordered from Billet Tech. It's nice stuff! But to be fair they always tell you about the lead time. I think that the leadtime that they tell is is a good indication of the quality of work that they perform. Come on, if its not 100% perfect, they wont send it out to you. Out of most companies that I have dealt with these guys have the best customer service and dedication to the products they put out.

Im not a jump on the bandwagon kind of guy, but BT has always done right by me. I have ZERO complaints about them or the wait time for their products. I have gotten both stock stuff and have had one off custom stuff made. I have always been a 100% satisfied customer with them.

The 40% off sale they had was awesome and I know that Im not the only one that thinks that. If YOU didnt, you wouldnt have ordered anything. With that much off of their price I cant see how they are making a huge profit from their sale, I personaly think it was a big "thank you" to us, the customers who keep them in business.

To all the people at Billet Tech: Thank You for everything you guys do and keep up the good work!

This was on the top of my order receipt I got via email after I had just saved $90 off a $225 order during their count down 40% off sale. My credit card has not been charged so at that savings as long as I get my stuff by spring I'll be very happy. I probably should've bought more stuff from them during the sale. Thanks BT

"Thank you for your order. Your order number is *******, placed 11/23/2011 at 10:20AM.<p style="TEXT-ALIGN: justify">

• All Color and Polished Items have a lead time of up to 20 business days before delivery (may be longer during Holiday Order season).
  • All custom orders have a lead time of 4-6 weeks.
  • All in stock items will ship within 72hrs.
  • All orders will ship via USPS unless stated otherwise.
  • Items can be returned within 30 days. All returns subject to a 20% restocking fee. You must call for an Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA). NO RETURNS on custom work, scratch and dent, or clearance items.

Custom Order Policy:

• After you discuss your order with BT, you have 24 hours to review the final order, make changes, or cancel.
  • Custom orders are unique to you, therefore, BT invests time, materials, and workmanship into your order. If you want to return your item and BT determines that your item is resaleable, you will be subject to a 30% restocking fee.
  • Visa, Mastercard, and Discover are the only forms of payment available with custom orders. We do not accept PayPal on custom orders."

Then I got this on Dec 8th. Of course I was a little disappointed I wasn't going to get my stuff by xmas as it was for the kids to give me as an xmas present but I think they are more then fair and with the quality everyone speaks of I'm sure it will be well worth the wait.

Countdown & Holiday Updates

Friends we appreciate your trust and support. The annual count down sale was a huge success. It couldn’t have been done with out you good folks.

As promised the team has had an opportunity to review all outstanding orders from both the countdown sale as well as recent in process orders.

Below please find some general information regarding product and delivery times. These updates apply for every open order at this time.

• Coil pack covers: 2-­‐3 weeks for satin 4-­‐5 for color. “Manufacturing now.”
  • Under the hood kits: Polished and Satin shipping daily through the Holidays. Black anodize in processing and will ship daily through the holidays. All other colors will ship starting early January.
  • Strut Covers: Some have shipped but due to high demand we ran out of stock quickly. If you have not received your strut covers expect delivery all styles all finishes early January.
  • Pedal Kits: Mopar and Hemi engraves “All finishes” shipping daily through the holidays... All others will ship through the month of January.
  • Challenger A/C knobs: Shipping now and all through the holidays. All styles all finishes..
  • EGR deletes: Will ship early January.. All finishes.
  • Charger front badges: In production. “High demand” Will start to ship through the month of January.
  • Window switches: Shipping late January.... All finishes.
  • Catch Cans.. All styles, applications and all finishes shipping daily.. “High Demand” Please be patient.

All other items “Minus customs” 45-­‐50 days due to high volume.

We are doing all we can to ease these bottlenecks.

Please call or email if you have a question about your specific order if you have any questions.

I saw this thread posted on BT's Facebook wall, and felt compelled to chime in. I have been a customer of BT for 3 years now. As with any custom made part, there is a lead time. Do you realize that you chose the busiest time of the year to purchase their products? They just had a 40% off sale on Black Sunday...and then its was Christmas.... tons of people ordered their stuff. I myself ordered 2 different color under hood kits, and 2 different color catch cans. I know I am new to this forum, but I'm pretty well known on CherokeeSRT8.com. I have just about every product BT makes, complete under hood kit, catch can, valve covers, coil covers, wheel center caps, door sills, a/c knobs, window switch covers, door lock covers, power mirror knob covers.........I'm sure there are other pieces I'm forgetting. Everything is a work of art, and well worth the wait. Not to mention the customer service is top notch. I lost 2 set screws off my caps 2 years after purchase.....guess who sent me replacements.....on them....yup BT. A year after I purchased my under hood kit, they changed the coolant reservoir cap to the new version. I called to buy one, only to be told they would send one out....on them. BT FTMFW!!!!!!

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0405-1.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0871.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0375-2.jpg

Phil

Im not a jump on the bandwagon kind of guy,....

Since this ^^^ is your first post here I have to call bullshit.

...... but I'm pretty well known on CherokeeSRT8.com.

Phil

This is exciting news Phil, please fill us in on what you are well known for over there.

Thanks Scott, and just so everyone else knows, I ordered my "stock" items last month well before the sale.

At least I know my stuff is still shipping and looking forward to the items once they arrive. Just wish there was a little more clarification on what is actually custom (long lead times) and what is "in stock" and ready to ship.

-Jim

Im the guy who you spoke too "Scott" When I said "Out at engrave" maybe I should have been a little more clear. We are a 5k sq ft facitily. Im in an office that is 500 sq ft. When I said out at engrave I meant the shop. We have a machine strcitly set up for engrave. SO that is where your second part is. "Waiting inline to be engraved".

Hopefully this clears that up.

Let me clear a few other things up.

We make EVERYTHING IN HOUSE However ,we do not do anodizing/polish. This is the reason for some of the longer lead times. Our lead times are determined on what thier work load looks like..

Speaking of lead times, All of our lead times are on our site,On the forums we support. And even on the invoice you get when an item is purchased.

If someone is not happy with the lead times then I wouldnt order.

Now do we go over lead times? Yup we Sure do. Especially when we offer a 40% discount to folks. "who does this"?Who would of thunk we would do 490 orders

the first hour. We sure as hell didnt..

Now let me add after we saw the volume we did we sent out a Mass email "twice" letting our customers know of the expected delays. We also posted on all supporting forums. We posted on both of our facebook pages, It's all there for all to read. And if you didnt get it. Welp then pick up the phone and call. We are here to help.

Also let me add we do not charge anyone until there item is ready to ship. "Unless you use paypal" as that is out of our hands. We dont own paypal..

Are we slow to ship? Yup we sure are. We keep everything in "Blanks" and make/color/engrave to order. Very little stays "In stock" as we offer over 5k options when you add all the colors,engrave's,hoses' etc etc etc.. I just dont have the roon to possibly stock it all.Remember Folks We are not ebay or walmart. We do not buy overseas parts and drop ship them. Again We make everything to order.

In closing I hope this clears a few things up. If anyone is still not satisfied then please let me know and Ill cancel your order and we can part ways..

Any other questions please shoot us an email..

Thanks and Happy New Year..

Then I got this on Dec 8th. Of course I was a little disappointed I wasn't going to get my stuff by xmas as it was for the kids to give me as an xmas present ]

Im sorry your parts didnt make it by x-mas. I truely am. But in all fairness if you go back to the original thread where we announced the sale we kinda fair warned people that may not happen.

Thanks Scott, and just so everyone else knows, I ordered my "stock" items last month well before the sale.

That is correct. But so everyone else knows as soon as I found out one of your parts were ready I offered to send you what we did have in stock at no extra charge. Am I looking

for our name in lights?? No sir Im not. But sometimes its the little things that count.

Thanks