Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bigbear

Anyone In Lancaster/edwards Afb??

Hey errbody, I'm moving to Edwards afb next month and just curious if anyone is out that way or if there's anything good around there. Is there anything besides fruits and nuts??

Yeah been kinda busy trying to not be homeless. It's all good tho, scored a gov job at edwards. Gotta pack up the house and kids and u-haul my ass Out there.

It was getting close man, almost had to start selling my sweet ass on the corner!

Hang in there, brother.  The road can get slick awful fast for anyone.  Just glad you pulled it together for your family.  Like my wife says, home is where we make it...  We been all over (Southeast Asia, South America...where ever the check shows up).

Peace,

Sam

Willow springs is out there. They have three road courses if your into it. I've been on streets of willow and will be back there in a couple months.

Famoso is up in Bakersfield just under two hour away.

I was out there at Edwards from 2003 to 2006 and loved it.  Saw the shuttle land three times while I was there. Willow Springs raceway is about a half hour to the west, and the Angels Crest highway system is about 45 min to the south.  Palmdale used to have a 1/4 strip but was shut down.  The Mojave airport has a real long runway where they run mile events.  Nothing ever rusts out there, you can sand down to bare metal, leave it for months and it will still be shiny.  Just don't leave your chrome Craftsman wrench on top of the fender in direct sunlight and then reach up to grab it.  I had a nice brand for a week

Forgot about Buttonwillow raceway park.  It is about a half hour north of Bakersfield.  It is a pretty cool track, but I liked Willow Springs better.