Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BillsRT

Supercharging A1500?

5 members have voted

1. 1. Supercharging a 1500?

• Totally worth it !
    • Not a good idea more bang for your buck on a LX platform.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Weighing some options and wondering if anyone personally knows anyone who has one and if a supercharged Ram is worth the effort . Is it viable or just smoke and tire shredding ? Not sure if I did the pole correctly.

The issue will be the transmission.....if you have an RFE. The RFE's aren't known for strength...it's the kickdown that gets them. Hammering in 1st gear is no issue, but anything that causes a downshift is the problem. Had a buddy that found the limit on his pretty quickly.

Sent from my StarTac using Tapatalk

Soon as I put the Whipple on my Challenger I will gather what's needed to transfer the maggie to my 2011 Ram. Don't need monster power on the Ram but what the maggie puts out would certainly help when I go 4X4

Dont....just dont. If you do plan on a Nag1 conversion as well. The 545/645rfe is garbage and can't take the power. Yes we did. 392 /blower swap on Heidi's dad's truck. It is dialed Waaaaay back right now trying to keep the trans alive till we can swap the nag in. Just the 6.4 is almost too much for the trans.

Thanks Eric, guess have to add a Nag as another piece of the "gather" items lol. Already have most of what is needed I think but waayyy before I even attempt this I will sure I do my due diligence as to stave off disaster.