Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Knownman

What's Up At Spankin Time?

36 posts in this topic

So I will start this topic despite the fact that I wish I didn't have to. Let me be clear by saying that it is hard for me to be forced to write this but I feel the time has come to shed some light on my experience with Spankin Time Motorsports. Specifically with my tuner, Adam.

I made a conscious choice to go to Adam based on the recommendation of Karl (lowlife) and the fact that he works directly with Kenne Bell. I knew choosing a tuner who is not local could be complicated but I really beileved with todays technology that it could work. I ended up not getting a factory tune from Kenne Bell because I bought the supercharger used. Despite the fact that I tried to get it thru Kenne Bell, and the fact that I called them before I ever committed to the purchase, I was forced to purchase another tuning tool. This was somewhat unpleasant and I ended up getting a discount on the labor for the liquid cooling mod to my s/c.

Edited by me due to a surprise phone call today!

I am looking for a tuner recommendation for the Kennebell on a 6 speed 6.1. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. lol

Edited by Knownman

That's frustrating. I have read in this forum or Commie Talk awhile back (can't remember) that Spankin time has trouble meeting their deadlines on finished jobs. Not trying to do put down here. Their business could just be going through a rough patch.

I am very happy with AJ and Arrington.

Give Hemituner a PM.

Good Luck mate. Hope you get it sorted.

Stevo

or give johan a buzz. even though i havent had the car tuned yet by him, hes always answering my emails within 2 hours, asnwers all of my questions.

AJ is also an awesome tuner.... he tuned my last setup.

ive also spoken to ADAM a while back, didnt seem like a bad guy at all, was actually really helpful. maybe he just has a lot on his plate.

I'm going to hold my comments as I have a history established with the questioned one already.

Sohfast on here (Brian) can help, PM me if you want his info.

Johan is always helpful and unquestionably a great tuner PM me as well if you would like his.

AJ, I have never heard one bad thing about.

Tim at MR. Norms is great as well.

Brent at DTP has done a great job for SRT5939 and runs a 2.8 KB.

I think AJ is only tuning big arrington builds now. Someone else is doing the odds and ends now. And AJ wont do email tuning(revisions) unless he did the original tune.

Not many will do email tunes unless they did the original tune. But Brian and Johan will do email tuning.

I hate to say it, but these shops have to be nuts to do tuning on remote installs through e-mail. I can't see how if can possibly be profitable for them to do a tune for typically $500 and then have to go back and forth again and again via e-mail. I know through hard experience that Eddie was sure glad when I went to the 419 and put a final back end on my 6.1 six speed tune as we had revised it at least 15 times or more (nearly all on the dyno), as more tables became available and the tuning knowledge on the 6speed PCM grew (it's night and day different now than it was in summer 09) We would constantly have the tune dead nuts and after 100 miles or so it would fall apart until the car would kill every time you hit the clutch. No longer an issue, but it sure stumped Johan, Eddie, and everyone else they spoke to in the beginning.

Had I not done the full build (many $1000's) I don't see how he would have been able to do that.

I'm sure Joel rocks. The car's a 6-speed, though. Ain't the same as autos. If he's done stick cars, I'd love to hear about it.

HemiSam

X2, I would be interested

I'm sure Joel rocks. The car's a 6-speed, though. Ain't the same as autos. If he's done stick cars, I'd love to hear about it.

HemiSam

Yea, I knew that before I made the post... mwink.gif

6 speed... 7 speed... Whatever it takes!! rofl5.gif

HemiSam

X2, I would be interested

I have done work on stick cars. Procharger, Vortech, and Magnuson. 6.1 and 5.7VVT. Majority of the cars I have done have been autos but that is only because that is what most people own.

J

So you've tuned stick cars, Joel? Dealt with 2-bar, timing loss after shift and back into throttle, hunting for idle threshold off throttle, etc...? It's great if you have. I've found less than a handful of modern hemi tuners that know what all I'm talking about and how to manage them.

HemiSam